Chapter 69

Anna's POV:

My mouth dropped open. Did Demi just ask if she could adopt me? I'm gonna be honest, ever since I've been with her I only considered her a big sister of sorts because I felt guilty replacing my parents. I guess Demi kinda was a mother to me now so what difference would it make? I began to weigh the options in my head, trying to decide as quickly as possible as not to offend Demi.

It seemed like Demi really wanted this and it really wouldn't be changing much... She was basically my mother already. It also would be nice to not be considered a foster daughter, but an actual daughter. I was just afraid that my family would be hurt by it. I knew they would never know, but it just felt wrong. They would want me to be happy though, right? Being family with Demi made me happy... Being Demi's daughter made me happy. I knew what I was going to do.

I just nodded, not sure how else to respond to such a big request. Demi looked surprised as I did.

"Are you serious?" She asked, excitement laced in her voice.

"Yes, please adopt me." I said, leaning into her.

I felt warm, wet drops on my bare shoulder and that's when I realized that Demi was crying. I pulled back and looked at her.

"Why are you crying?" I asked.

"I'm just so happy!" Demi exclaimed.

I knew Demi loved me, but it blew my mind that she would cry over me. I had never had anyone in my life that ever gave that much of a shit about me so it felt good knowing that Demi cared. I knew in that moment that I had made the right choice.

"I love you." I said, leaning back into Demi's body.

Demi wrapped her arms around me and kissed the top of my head before replying.

"I love you too baby girl, more than you'll ever know." She said.

"Aw what a cute moment!" Bella laughed, holding up her phone to indicate that she was recording.

"Were you recording that?" Demi asked.

"Yup!! I got the whole thing!" She nodded.

"Oh my god thank you! That's amazing!! I can't wait to post it on Twitter!!" Demi exclaimed.

I rolled my eyes. Demi was obsessed with posting cute things on Twitter. Ever since she went public with Bella, she posts at least one kissing selfie a week. It's a little out of hand if you ask me.

"Wait, do your Lovatics know I have cancer again?" I asked, suddenly rendering that Demi hadn't been posting recently.

I'm sure her Lovatics were wondering where she was. I knew The pre X Factor version of me would be confused if Demi dropped off the face of the earth for close to a week.

"No. Do you want me to tell them?" Demi asked.

I though about it for a minute. I was still processing the whole thing so I figured I might need a little time. Plus, I didn't really feel like having the hospital swarmed with paparazzi trying to get dramatic pictures of Demi and I.

"Can we wait a little longer?" I asked.

"Of course. I'll just go on Twitter and say that I have been on vacation and I'll post the video." Demi said.

"Thanks." I said, my mood dropping a little.

"So, how's your music going, Anna?" Bella asked.

In the past months, Demi had been taking me to record my songs and I was actually really close to being done. I just had a few more songs I needed to add vocals too and prefect. I wasn't sure now though how this while cancer thing would affect that. I was still really wanting to release my album.

"Good. I'm almost done recording everything. I'm just not sure when I'll be able to finish now." I stated.

"Hey, let's just take some time to focus on getting you healthy then I promise we can drive right back into the process." Demi said.

I nodded. I really hoped by "getting me healthy" Demi didn't mean I would have to wait until I was cancer free again because at this point I didn't know if that would ever happen.

"Will you play one of your songs for me?" Bella asked.

I looked at Demi as if to ask for her permission and she nodded at me. I stood up and grabbed Demi's guitar before sitting back on the log Demi was on. I cleared my throat and began to strum the opening chords to the song I was most proud of off the album.

"Like a small boat
On the ocean
Sending big waves
Into motion
Like how a single word
Can make a heart open
I might only have one match
But I can make an explosion." I began to sing.

I could feel Demi and Bella smiling at me as I sang and it only made me want to sing more. I had missed the freedom and the power that it had always brought me.

"And all those things I didn't say
Wrecking balls inside my brain
I will scream them loud tonight
Can you hear my voice this time
This is my fight song
Take back my life song
Prove I'm alright song
My powers turned on
Staring right now I'll be strong
I'll play my fight song
And I don't really care if nobody else believes cuz I've still got a lot of fight left in me." I sang out, my voice picking up as I continued.

When the song finished, I strummed the last chord and opened my eyes to see Demi and Bella were both in tears. I smiled because I knew bringing people to tears through music was a good thing. It meant the music was authentic and powerful and that was everything I wanted my music to be.

"That was beautiful baby girl!" Demi smiled, wiping her eyes.

"Thanks. I leaned from a great mentor." I joked, causing Demi to laugh.

It was crazy to think about how far I had come. I never pictured my life would turn out like this... Both the good and the bad, but I guess you just get the cards you're dealt and have to play with them. It's just the way life works.

A/N: I know I said I wouldn't update till next week, but I just felt like you guys deserve it for how awesome you all are so DOUBLE UPDATE YAY!!!!

Also just a disclaimer that the lyrics posted are not my own- they are Rachel Platten's Fight Song and all rights to them belong to her.

Anyway, thanks so much for reading and stay strong!!!

Next update: Saturday
Early update: 35 votes
-demiLOVEato92