Someone like her

I felt the burning sun on my face. Squinting, I sat up in the bed and realized I was alone." Marley?" I called getting out the bed. I went downstairs to see a light skin thick girl with red hair in the kitchen." The fuck are you?" She asked placing muffins on a plate.

I stood there for a minute trying to figure out who she was talking to. You can approach someone better than that. "I'm-.." just then the front door opened revealing Marley. She was holding two coffees."Why are here Naiya?"She asked looking at her then me.

"Better yet. How did you get in my house?" Marley asked sitting the coffees down."Who is this?" Naiya pointed at me then crossed her arms. She changed the whole subject. I looked at Marley who seemed to be getting fed up."None of your concern. You need to dip." She said walking back over to the door and opening it.

Naiya stood there not moving a muscle. "I'm not going anywhere. This isn't fair." She said then sat in a stool. I didn't know who she was or why she was here but she was determined to stay.

"What you mean you not going anywhere? Why are you tripping? This is what I be talking about." Marley said walking towards her. "Marely who was there for you through all of your shit? I was not her!" She yelled pointing at me again."I'm not with her!" I blurted out. She must have me mistaken for someone else."You're getting out even If I have to drag you." Marley threatened trying to give her another chance to leave on her own.

"You're going to kick me out for her? She's not even that cute!" She yelled then pushed Marley into the wall." Look I don't even know you and I barely know her! You're not going to disrespect me again or I will fuck you up in this house." I said balling my fist up. The next smart word that came out of her mouth I was going to knock her teeth down her throat.

Just then Marley picked her up and threw her over her shoulder."Put me down!" Naiya screamed. She threw her outside slamming the door in her face."I'm going to go." I said before jogging up the stairs to get my things. She followed after me." Do you have somewhere to go?" She asked. The truth was I didn't, but I didn't want to be interfered with anyone else life drama.

"I'll figure it out." I said changing my clothes quickly. I grabbed my bag and started to head towards the door."Hey look I'm sorry. Naiya's obsessed." She said grabbing my arm. I felt like she really wanted me to stay, but I have to much going on to deal with her problems too. " That has not a damn thing to do with Liyah. Liyah has her own problems to deal with." I said looking at her. She made a face letting me arm loose.

"Yeah well just remember I have my own problems too, but I still interfered with yours because everyone needs a shoulder to lean on. No matter how stubborn they are. Lock the door on your way out." Marley said then jogged upstairs. I stood there speechless for a moment. Everything in me actually felt bad for having that argument with her. I shook my head locking the door then leaving.

Here I am sitting in my car parked in a abandoned parking lot with nowhere to go. I looked at Nala's contact brushing my thumb over the call button. The birdy on my right shoulder was telling me to go for it. The other one was saying not to and I don't know which one to listen to. My heart or my mind? Every time something happened between my parents and I, Nala always was there. I pushed the call button.

"Hello? Liyah are you okay baby?" She answered on the second ring. I was hesitantly quiet."Liyah?" She called into the phone. There was a knock on my window. It was Marley. I quickly hung up and unlocked the passenger side door. "Did you follow me?" I asked. She looked at me without saying anything. So I didn't say anything and It fell quiet.

"I know I'm stubborn. I know that. I'm just stuck in this situation and I..I.. just don't know what to do anymore." I started to sob up and my nose started to turn red. " Don't cry Liyah, come back with me." She said rubbing my hand. "Why? Why are you helping me?" I questioned moving my hand away. She shook her head. " Because you're not a bad person. You're just going through it." Marley said then got out of my car.

I heard a horn honk. She pulled up in front of me in her black Rose Royce. My jaw almost dropped. I know for sure that diner job didn't get her that car. She waved her hand out her car window telling me to follow her. I swear I've never met someone like her.