Don't Forget Me

"Yato! You’re being ridiculous!" the half-phantom yelled.

The shrineless god turned around, but then stopped halfway, turning back and walking towards the window. You could almost feel him blushing.

"You’re only running away from this! You. Are. Being. Ridiculous," with that, our heroine runs up to catch up to Yato, but he’s already disappeared. Being the clumsy girl she is, Hiyori almost falls from the window, attempting to grab onto Yato. A hand lurches forward, catching her shirt just in time.

"Hiyori! Be careful! You could’ve gotten hurt! Or worse, your tail.."

"Y-yato."

"Do you know how far your room is from the ground? Your house is fucking huge!"

"Well, that wouldn’t have happened if you weren’t being such a-"

His mouth twitches into a cocky smile. “Such a what? You couldn’t cuss if your life depended on it.”

Hiyori’s taken aback. She moves away from Yato, and towards the window. Almost by instinct, Yato reaches his hand out yet again to grab her arm towards him. Now both his arms are at her sleeves, with his grip loosening by the second. And his arms lowering towards her waist.

"But that’s not the point!" she pouts. "Here we go again, Yato. I’d have to be hit by a-a dinosaur egg or something to get amnesia! Or, even if I did get amnesia, I wouldn’t be forgetting how to walk. Or you, or Yukine, or Kofuku, or Daikoku. Or anyone!"

Yato’s hands pull on Hiyori’s waist, moving her closer than she’s ever been before. “Prove it.”

"W-wha?"

Even the war god’s taken aback by his own words. Determined to prove her point, Hiyori tiptoes, inching closer to Yato’s reddening face.

"I don’t have to do anything. Just trust me.”

Without a second thought, his hands draw Hiyori’s body to his, removing whatever distance they had in the first place.

Hiyori mimics his movements, determined not to lose whatever competition he was initiating. “Heh.”

He moves closer to her face, talking more directly to her mouth than her whole self. “Oh, Yat-” Her voice being interrupted with pink-ish lips. The god deepens the kiss, wasting no time and savoring each and every taste. Hiyori’s leaning on him causes Yato to stumble back, falling on top of her comfortable bed.

Yato breaks the kiss, not only to breathe, but also to say, “Never thought you’d top.” This only makes her blush a shade darker.

Not wanting to ruin the moment, this time, Hiyori makes the first move. Her hands tug at the god’s hair, while his hands roam around her body. He deepens the kiss, exploring her mouth with his tongue. And to his surprise, she follows suit. Both fight for dominance.

Yato flips them over without interrupting their battle. Unfortunately, they have to, or else they’d die from lack of oxygen. They French for seconds, minutes, or who knows how long.

They battle it out until his hands travel inside and up her shirt, to the hooks of her bra.

"I trust you. And I’m sure you won’t forget about tonight."