WHAT WAS THAT!?

"P-princess?" the boy asked as he entered the room through the window.

She let out a dejected sigh, slowly turned to where she heard the voice, "I... I-"

"A-are you Ladybug?" he asked.

Oh no, this is really not her lucky day. She doesn't want to reveal herself but now when he's seen Tikki it would be quite obvious. Unless...

"No... I... I just know her! She's... she's here somewhere but... I guess she doesn't wanna reveal herself." she said, trying to sound reliable.

It took some time 'til she got a response, "Oh, okay. ...I didn't know she... shared such big secret with you. She must have a lot of trust in you."

She shook her head, "Yeah...". It was kind of true, Ladybug was there but since Marinette doesn't want him to know it's her then Ladybug doesn't want to reveal herself...

"So... I guess she's her kwami?" he said, most likely talking about Tikki.

The little kwami giggled, she thought the scene was really fun. "Yep, the name is Tikki." she said and smiled.

"Nice to meet you, Tikki." Cat Noir smiled back.

Marinette couldn't believe it worked, if he hadn't bought it she'd have a very long night. "So, how has your day been?" she asked to get a different subject.

He took a deep breath and went to sit next to her, "Well, just a normal school day, actually. Spent some time with friends. You?"

"Sort of the same, I got bullied by Chloé today and my friends wanted to get the whole class together to protect me. And each other, of course. But I thought it would be better to see if Ladybug could help so they won't get into trouble in some way." she said and fiddled with a pillow.

Cat Noir didn't seem surprised, "Really? I know Chloé and it doesn't really surprise me... I heard someone stood up to you."

She felt a blush heat up her cheeks, "Yeah, Adrien in my class. He's a really good guy."

"Do you like him?" he asked. He seemed nervous, it's quite rare for him to be that. He's always been that straight forward type of guy.

The blush spread a little, "Y-yeah, a lot actually." she said as she had her head down, she felt Tikki land down next to her.

"H-how much? Do you have a crush on him?" he asked, even more nervously.

Marinette didn't really wanna say it, but it felt so easy, she couldn't stop herself, "Yea, I love him. But not like the girls who awe at every poster of him in Paris, and not like... Chloé." she made a disgusted look as she remembered how Chloé was acting around Adrien, how straight forward she was and how she acted like she was his girlfriend even if he didn't seem comfortable about it. "Sometimes I feel like I don't have a chance with him but..." she turned her head up to him, "I've always tried my best to... be a good friend. For example- you can't tell anyone about this but... I sent him a scarf on his birthday once and... I was sure I signed it but somehow the next day he said it was from his dad and... I didn't want to say it was from me because he seemed so happy about his dad... and I didn't want to spoil it for him." she said and turned her head back down again.

He didn't know what to say, she just told him that incredible secret. And she trusted him to keep the secret... but... doesn't that mean... "So... you knitted the scarf? And... you kept quiet to keep him happy?" he asked to see if he got it right.

The girl nodded. "Please don't tell anyone, I don't want him to know."

"Why not?"

"Because-... if he gets to know-... actually... I don't know..." she stammered, she actually didn't know.