Chapter 2

Forgot to publish this yesterday, Imma so sorry!! >.< But here it is!

For the next few days, Mirai and Akari tended to Astral while Yuma and Kazuma kept him entertained, and Haru made sure the alien child had enough to eat so that he could get better soon. The entire family didn't question this odd need to make sure this child was okay. All they knew was that they had to care for him and make sure he got better. It was almost like instinct.

Today was another weekend. While his parents were away, Yuma sat next to Astral and fed him some of the breakfast they shared.

"I wanna go see a friend," Yuma explained, giving Astral some cereal. "Wanna come?"

Astral, who was feeling a little better to where he could sit up without feeling dizzy, refused the spoon. He still didn't have much of an appetite. "Who?"

"Her name is Kotori! She goes to my school."

The child shook his head. "I don't feel too good. I don't think I'd be able to get up without getting sick."

"Then she can come over. That way, you can meet her without moving!"

That sounded like a much better idea, so Astral nodded. Once again, Yuma tried to give his friend some food and persisted until Astral finally ate something. He had to stop to make himself hold the food down. This went on until they finished the cereal. Telling Astral that he would be right back, Yuma dashed down to the kitchen to put his bowl in the sink, grabbed his dad's D-gazer, and called Kotori's home.

"Hello?" Kotori called after her mom allowed her to take the call.

"Hi Tori! Listen, change of plans. I want you to come to my place! I have a friend here, but he can't get out much," Yuma said excitedly. "Can you make it?"

"Yeah, I'll see if I can." Yuma heard the sound of scurrying feet before the call ended. 

Bouncing excitedly, the young boy hurried back up to his room only to be scooped up from the air. "Hey!" he squealed as he squirmed in his father's grip.

"Good morning, bud!" Kazuma exclaimed. He hugged his son tightly. "How'd you sleep?"

"I slept fine, Dad," Yuma giggled. "Kotori is coming over!"

"Really? And here I thought I was going to drive you to the park!"

"I wanna bring Astral, but he's too sick to go." At this, Yuma pouted.

Kazuma ruffled his hair. "Hey, you'll still have a lot of fun, huh?" He set the young boy down and pushed him along. "Now, go along and wait for Kotori. I'm sure she'll be here soon!"

Yuma nodded excitedly and hurried along to his room, where Astral was waiting for him. As soon as he entered his room, Astral was looking at Yuma with a hazy glance. Was he half asleep? Did he still feel too sick? With a blink, the haze was gone.

"Did you call her?" Astral asked with a smile.

Yuma grinned back and hopped in bed with the little alien. "Yeah! She lives really close, so she'll be here soon!"

"Alright." Astral smiled slightly, and the hazy look was back.

"Are you okay? You look a little distant," Yuma said, scooting closer to see if he could see what was wrong.

"Nothing's wrong, Yuma. I'm just a little tired. I think it'll go away."

The human boy nodded happily. "Yeah! Like it never happened!"

"Yeah!"

Both boys stopped talking as soon as the doorbell rang. The door opened, and the sounds of a little girl talking floated up to the room. Yuma immediately hurried down the stairs, causing Astral to giggle at his enthusiasm. Boy, was he happy that Yuma  found him that night! Without him, he'd probably die of starvation.