III.

Most people would say that I grew up comfortably. I grew up with so much love and enough sustenance, and that I should have no room for any complaints. That's what everyone probably sees, but then that isn't always the case. Yes. I grew up comfortably and my parents were always there for me. But they were also always there to indirectly force me into things that I don't really want. They ultimately agree on what's good for me and decides without my consent, then goes on saying " that's what you want, right Caeri?" afterwards. I could do nothing but simply nod. I don't hate my parents. I love them. But sometimes I wish I would have one day where I could do all the things I never was allowed to do, for the sake of experience. Especially after the fact that we only literally have one life under our belt. I want to be able to go through things, that may even cause me harm, mentally and emotionally. I am weird. But I desire to experience pain. I want to cry because I failed and then stand up and learn.
Parents nowadays love their children so much to the point that they unconsciously eradicate one important building block of adulthood and maturity --- learning through pain and experience.

My parents said that I can't do certain things because those certain things lead to pain, harm or distraction. But what if one could only really learn how to live by going through all of those? How will I live? I wonder ...