V.

I grew up in the province, and was always locked up inside my house studying as a kid, until my 3rd year in Junior Highschool, thus being in the city where everything seems to be in continuous motion fascinated and intimidated me. It fascinated me because, well , it fascinated me. It was my first time seeing so many people at one place. However it also intimidated me because I'm an awkward person around strangers. I swear. Back in Grade 9, I couldn't even talk to a 7-eleven cashier while looking at them in the eyes. I stuttered a lot and my hands went cold. All the time.

I embarked from a tricycle and took a quick walk to get myself into a Light Railway Transit, or I don't know -- an LRT. To most people, being crowded inside an LRT must be depressing. But, compressed or not, it didn't matter to me. I seemed to enjoy the view outside the window. I wanted to imagine that we were moving so fast that we're leaving all our past behind.

I took one more commute, and then enrolled at my new school. It looked humongous, compared to my past school, except that nothing sparked my interest within the grounds.

On my way home, I decided to take a quick stroll inside one of the malls in Araneta Center, Cubao. As expected, the place was stuffed. I passed a musical instrument shop, which caught some of my attention. Three girls were trying out a guitar, and was singing something. I think the lyrics talked about how one
person is only human -- that they bleed, and break and fall down. Exactly, I said in my mind. Music never really interested me but I decided to listen by until they have finished that song.