ALTERNATE ENDING 1

Summary: Worse Ending: Kuroo hates himself for what he did.

When Kuroo got to his and Kenma's apartment, there were police officers discussing a 'loud noise' with the owner of the apartment building. Kuroo tried to act casual, as he silently moved past them. He decided against the elevator and ran up to his floor.

The first thing he was met with was Kenma's lifeless body laying on the floor, surrounded in his own blood.

Kuroo began to sob at the sight.

"Kenma!" He cried out. "I'm sorry, I'm so, so sorry. I love you, too..."

Kuroo picked up the knife covered in Kenma's blood. He knew he didn't deserve his own life anymore, now the he just caused another life to die.

He held the knife up to his chest in the same place Kenma had stabbed himself.

Hesitantly, yet quickly, Kuroo shoved the knife into his chest. He let out a shriek of pain, and then continuously gasped for air. He started seeing spots, and eventually blacked out after saying:

"See you in the afterlife, Kenma."

Kuroo woke up with a bright light shining in his eyes. He closed his eyes again from the burn. He tried to sit up and scan his surroundings, but winced from the pain in his chest.

"Don't move." Kuroo heard. He could barely distinguish the voice. It was Tsukishima. He must've called for a nurse once he noticed Kuroo starting to wake up, because a nurse came rushing in.

The nurse explained that he hadn't pierced his heart, and was still able to pump blood in his body, but he did however puncture his right lung. He'd have to stay under surveillance for awhile and is being put on life support to keep him alive.

Then Kuroo asked the question he really wanted to answer to.

"What about Kenma?" The nurse seemed a bit fidgety, obviously not wanting to lay down the bad news. "H-he.. Mr. Kozume passed away a few hours ago, unfortunately. The stab in the heart alone wasn't enough to kill him immediately. The overdosage is what really killed him."

Kuroo sighed, tears pricking his eyes. Then he said words that he never thought he'd speak.

"Pull the plug."

"W-what?"

"Take me off life support. I deserved to die, not Kenma. Please..."

"Kuroo, no..." Tsukishima pleaded.

"If that's what you want, we're obligated to do it."

"Thank you."

Kuroo Tetsurō and Kozume Kenma had both passed away that night.