Chapter 4. Disease?

"Okay, guys that's your homework for tomorrow, please do the reading," said Mr Leroux finishing up the class "Sylvia Plath is a very important person within poetry, So please read it, I will be asking everyone about her tomorrow" He adds finally as the bell rings.

"Ugh, that's enough please," Bree says quietly out of earshot of the teacher. "Sylvia Plath, what a bore," she says.

"Anyway, um... Hey, Blake" she says awkwardly waving towards him as he packs up his things.

Scott and I pack up our things while we spectate an interaction bound to go wrong between Bree and Blake.

"Here we go" Scott whispers chuckling ever so quietly that only I could hear.

"Hey" Blake replies with a slight smile on his face as he picks up his bag. "Is it always so cold inside?" He asks directing the question to both Bree and I.

"Well," Bree chuckles "not all the time just when the climate is changing, the transition from summer to autumn isn't as smooth inside as it is in nature." She answers as we all begin to leave the room.

"Hey, I'm Blake by the way'" Blake says to Scott introducing himself as we walk out the door.

"Scott" he says putting his hand out to Blake for him to shake. Always the polite one.

"This is a pretty big school," he says making small talk as we stand in the hallway "way bigger than my old school, way more classrooms and more levels" he says chuckling awkwardly with his perfect smile.

"Yeah, it is big" Bree replies with a smile hoping to make him more comfortable "which class are you in next?" she asks clearly hoping he'll be in our class

"Um... Spanish with Ms Martin in room 209" he replies after he takes a look at the piece of paper in his hands.

"Oh," Bree says a little disappointed "You're with Em then. Me and Scott took German" She explains as we walk towards our classrooms which were right next to each other.

"That sounds great," Blake says with a little smirk

We say goodbye to Scott and Bree when we arrive at our classrooms. I couldn't help but see the disappointment in Bree's eyes as she waves goodbye to Blake and I. In the few minutes it took to walk here I was contemplating on what to do or say around him. It was like I was absolutely clueless on how to make friends. Thankfully though, Bree and Scott kept him busy with conversations about the school and how it ran. What not to get at the cafeteria, which teachers were strict and which weren't. Even who to make friends, who were nice and who were 'toxic scum' her words not mine, although I don't think he kept up considering the amount of names she listed off.

"So, I hear Ms Martin's pretty strict" he says in that deep voice, once again coming from my right, as we walk into class together. Only a few people were here so far, considering how early we were.

"Yup" I answer simply not knowing what else to say.

A few moments go by as we make our way to two seats at the back end of the class. Where I usually liked to sit, IT felt like it put a barrier between me and the other students

"So, what's this disease you've got then?" He asks playfully after we settle into our seats

"What do you mean?" I say completely taken aback "I don't have a disease, who said that?" I ask itching for the answers

"Mm, I ain't no snitch" he says shaking his head chuckling a little.

"Well, I won't tell anyone," I say negotiating slightly

"Mmm... Nah, answer the question" He replies back obviously finding my distress entertaining

"Don't 'nah' me" I say imitating his previous reply "you're going to tell me right now or else" I say, not knowing what else.