Chapter Twenty

For the best experience of this chapter,
listen to
"Can't Let You Go" by Adam Lambert (obviously)
Optional to listen to. You don't have to if you don't want to.
___________________________________
_______________

Tiffany
"Adam? Wha-what are you doing here?"

He sends me a brief smile, "just visiting."

I sigh. "Why are you really here, Adam?"

"I wanted to see you and Raven. Can I come in?"

I sigh and hesitate for a second. "Fine." I step aside.

"Where's Raven?"

"I put her down for her nap a few minutes ago."

"Oh."

We stay silent for a few minutes. I speak up eventually. "There's another reason why you're here, Adam. Why?"

He stays silent for a few seconds. "I love you."

And it hit me like a bus. He still loves me. He still freaking loves me. They all say that. Once a cheater, always a cheater. So why should I even believe him?

"But I don't." I mutter.

"You what?" Great. He heard me.

"I don't love you anymore, Adam."

He sighs. "And I had my hopes up. But I'm not leaving yet."

I cross my arms. "Adam, stop hurting yourself with this. Nothing is going to change. You have to move on."

"But I can't! Can't you see that?"

I stay silent for a few minutes. "Can't you see that, Tiff? I can't move on."

"Yes, I can see that, Adam. Move on, Adam. You're only hurting yourself."

"Why are you being so cold?"

"Why are you a cheater?"

He crosses his arms and grunts. "He kissed me! I never kissed him back!"

"It sure looked like you did!"

"Tiffany, why are you being so delusional right now? Answer that for me. I'm sure it'll be a false answer."

I bite my lip in anger. "Adam, you came in here with your big mouth and now you're calling me delusional? You're the one being delusional."

"What's gotten into you?"

I groan in anger. "My broken heart and my frustration! Your trust went down the drain, Lambert."

He scoffs. "And I still trust you. Yet, you still don't trust me."

"I have a reason not to trust you anymore, Adam!" I get closer to him.

He was making me lose it. It takes a lot for me to lose my temper. He'll be the first to see me really angry. God, he is stupid. Why can't he see? Why can't he see there nothing between us anymore?

"Why are you acting like this, Tiffany? This is not you."

"Why are you here, Adam?"

"I already answered that question."

"Why. Are. You. Here?" My voice goes low in anger.

He pushes me away from him, softly. "Convince you?"

"Convince me? What are you trying to convince me about?"

"Trust."

I stare at him. "You want my trust? You lost my trust, Adam. You lost my trust that night."

"You heard what I said in the hospital! I'd do anything, Tiffany! Anything!"

"And this is what you come up with? Coming to my dorm and doing this?"

He stomps his foot in anger. "Why are you being a brat right now?" Oh no he didn't. 

"Me? A brat? You're stupid, you know that?" I cross my arms.

He rolls his eyes. "Pfft, sure, Tiff. I'm really stupid. Not!"

"You know what, Adam? We wouldn't be in this argument if we hadn't met each other two years ago. We wouldn't be in this situation. You've ruined my life twice, Adam Lambert! And I hate you for that!"

He stares at me in shock and doesn't say anything. "Give me one good reason to pack my bags and go with you to LA right now, Adam!" I yell at him.

He stayed silent. Our silence filled the air, along with our anger. "That's what I thought."

By now, the tears were streaming down his face. "I hate you, Adam Mitchel Lambert. You have to accept that now."

Raven starts crying back in my room. Adam takes a step. "No. Get out, Adam."

"But,-"

"Get. Out."

With hesitation, he turns around and goes to the door. He opens it and looks back,

"Remember this day, Tiffany. The day you lost me. The day Raven lost me. The day I lost your for good. The day you shattered everything. You'll regret this later on in your life."