Chapter 1

Hey Guys this is my first story on here so please no rude remarks (: but comments are much appreciated thanks!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was my freshman year and I had so many changes new friends, harder classes, and more importantly my first crush.  He wasn’t popular or even considered cool but the first time I saw him I fell in love with his quirkiness and deep chocolate brown eyes. I didn’t have any classes with him but I saw him in the hallways during passing period and he walked me to the YMCA after school once in a while. Everyone always said it was plain to see we both liked each other but I never believed them.  I knew that I liked him but I didn’t think he liked me back and I was scared. Scared to ruin the friendship we had formed, scared of what a relationship might hold, but mostly I was scared that I would pick the wrong person. I wondered if everyone had these feelings or if it was just me. Was I making too big of a deal out of this?  I had no idea but my head was spinning in circles as I sat in English class. I couldn’t stay focused on the book we were going over in class. What was the book again I look down to see the title quickly oh yah it’s Romeo and Juliet. When I look back up the teacher is staring at me expectantly. My friend sends me a message on Skype.

Lilly Summers: What is ironic about section 4 of the novel?

I look up at the teacher, “Their plan failed. They didn’t communicate well enough so when Romeo saw Juliet dead he killed himself not knowing that she faked it.” The teacher looks at me questioningly but leaves it and asks the next student a question.

Victoria Burnett: Thanks Lil, you saved me there.

Lilly Summers: No prob, where were you off in lala land thinking about you know who again? ;)

Victoria Burnett: No

                                          Yes if you couldn’t see me I would’ve stayed with no.

Lilly Summers: I knew it you had the same look on your face you get every time you think about him. Oh Derrick, I LOOVVVEEE you sooo much. Hahaha 

Victoria Burnett: I do not get a “look” on my face!

Lily Summers: You do too. You get the cutest little smile on your face and you kind of just stare off in the distance. It’s actually kind of sweet. Why don’t you just ask him out already?

I stared at the last sentence. Why didn’t I? I mean the worst he could do is say no… and then ignore me for the rest of our lives because it would be awkward to talk and then I will never go out with anyone because I will be more scared than I am now, so I will grow old and die alone. That’s the worst that can happen. But instead I just answer her I don’t know and get off my computer. I figure that the bell is going to ring in a minute anyway so I have an excuse as to why I got off.  

The bell rang and Lilly came over to me. We had art together next period so we always walked together.

“Ok, what is up Tor? You have been really bad lately.” I didn’t know what she meant. So I just kept quite I knew if I didn’t respond she would eventually elaborate. “I mean you used to do that once in a while, but now you do it all the time.”

I look over at her as we reach the art room. “What did I do?”

“You think about Derrick all the time. I mean you are falling really hard girl. You are lucky that he is going to be there to catch you.”

I look over at her, “He does NOT like me Lil, and we both know it. We are just friends and that is all we are ever going to be.” I went and sat in my seat as the bell rang. My mind is spinning again and she is right I do think about him a lot more than I used to. I felt bad for spazzing on Lilly but I just lost control for a minute.

Our teacher took attendance and then explained our new project. We were going to paper mache an item of our choice on a larger scale. The teacher called it pop art. “You may pick one partner to work on this project. We will work on sketches today and start the armature tomorrow.” Immediately Lilly and I looked at each other and I knew that she understood why I spazzed. I couldn’t help but smile knowing that I had such a great friend.

I walked over to Lilly and we got to work on our project. We decided to do a Hershey Kiss. The teacher told us we had to make it way bigger since it was an easy object so we decided to make it fifteen times bigger than it should be.

The bell rang and it was finally time for lunch. Lilly and I stopped by our lockers to drop off our bags and grab our lunch cards. Derrick walked by and we smiled warmly at each other as he continued toward his next class. Lilly pretended not to notice.

“Oh Tor, I almost forgot my brother is going skating with a bunch of friends tonight and he said you and I could go with him if we wanted.”

“That sounds great Lil. I’ll just make sure it’s okay with my mom.” I pulled out my phone and sent my mom a quick text. She responded and said that it would be fine. “My mom says its fine.”

“Yay! I am so excited and this is your first time right?”

I look over at her “Yes, am I going to die trying this?”

“No…well I hope not” and we both started laughing.