Chapter 5

CASSIE'S P.O.V

Throughout the whole day, I haven't been able to stop thinking about Harry. I don't even know why to be honest. I'm just intrigued by him because he hasn't gotten tired of me yet and it seems like he has some secrets of his own too.

I need to get to lunch though, I think he has it the same period as me. Maybe I won't be eating lunch by myself all year anymore. Well, hopefully I don't have to eat in the bathroom anymore. I don't think I'll be telling Harry about that though. I don't think I'll tell him about anything related to my problems. I want to keep a friend this time and I'll do whatever I can.

The bell rings for lunch and I walk out into the hallway, looking for Harry. I think I remember the class he had when I was looking at his schedule. So, I walk towards the classroom.

When I get to room 103, I look in and see him and a girl behind him, with her hand on his back. When I get a closer look I realize it's Kenzie.

Fuck. Shit. No. Fucking Kenzie, holy shit.

I start to shake and it gets hard to breath. Crap, this cannot get any worse. Kenzie and a panic attack great. Just fucking great.

I run out of there before they can see me, tears streaming down my face, and down the hall into the bathroom.

I rush in and throw my bag across the room, smashing it into a stall door.

My voice pierces the walls surrounding me. I can't have Kenzie brought back into my life, I just can't. This is all too much.

I back into the corner of the wall and slide down, still sobbing. I really hope no one comes in and see me like this, not that the whole school hasn't already. I bury my head into my hands and what feels like hours pass. All I think about is Harry and Kenzie and that time. That's all I can think about. What I would do to never be reminded of that time again and what I would do for it to never have happened.

I hear footsteps walking into the bathroom and my heart drops. I stay frozen, quietly crying. Hopefully the person just walks out or something.

"Cassie?" I hear in a deep, British voice.

Harry? No, it can't be him. It can't. He can't see me like this, please, God no.

"Cassie," he says again, with a hint of worry.

I look up at him and say in between sobs, "Harry. Please. Go."

He walks over to me and sits next to me. He puts his hand on my back and pulls me toward him. This time, I don't tense, I don't do anything but collapse into him.

"Shhhh," he comforts me, or at least tries to. I feel safe with him, a new sense of comfort; this feeling I can't explain.

"Let's get out of her, hm?" He stands up and takes my hand and pulls me up with him. All I do, all I really can do, is shake my head yes and grab my bag from across the floor.

His mom dropped his car off earlier, so thankfully we both get in and he starts driving.

"I'm sorry," I say and shake my head and start crying again.

"Cassie, you didn't do anything. It's ok, babe." He glances over towards me and offers me a small smile. I fake one back, failing miserably and stare out the window.

"What do you want to do?" Harry asks.

I don't want to go back home right now, the last thing I need to deal with is my mom.

I feel uncomfortable asking, but I ask anyway, "do you think I could stay the night? I just have so much going on right now and my moms such a bitch and..." I go on and on rambling while Harry just stares at me with a smirk.

"...I just don't know if I'll be able to-" I cut myself short and look at Harry and laugh, "I'm sorry, I do that a lot."

He bites his lip before he laughs and shakes his head, "yes, of course you could stay."

"Thank you so much, Harry!" I say and turn to him. We stare at each other for a few minutes in this comforting silence. I almost lean in to kiss him and it looks like he does the same, but I pull away quickly, clear my throat and turn to the window.

"Thank you," I say again.

"Hey, that's what friends are for." Harry replies.

I can't help but steal another glance of him, but when I look, he's doing the same to me.