chapter 3

chapter 3

// this is gonna be rather long I think. I just want to get everything in without making 2 short chapters //

HARRYS P.O.V

I'm actually quite nervous for my first day at Crystal High. Moving from England to New York is a big change. A big change that I'm ready for. I need to get away from my past and start fresh. Yes, everyone wants this a lot in their life; to move away from their old life and start a new one. But for me, I need this. So much shit has happened to me in that crap box they call England. I'm glad to really start over for senior year. It's lonely living alone though, but I'm glad my family isn't anywhere near me.

I wake up extra early for school this morning, just to be sure I'm ready in time for the bus. I'm usually the one to not give a shit about anything, but I'm all about good first impressions. I'll save my 'not giving a shit' attitude for later in the year.

I tie my laces up and walk to my bus stop. I don't really like September, it's too cold. The fall and winter aren't for me; I love the spring and summer. But enough of this sappy shit, what the fuck has gotten into me. I run my hands through my hair and wait impatiently for the bus to get here.

At 6:20, it finally pulls up, and I thankfully get on it. I walk towards the end of the bus and sit down. There's already a shitload of kids on here. I look to see who's next to me and there's a blonde girl who won't stop staring at me. She's not really that hot; she has burned hair, a lot of fucking makeup caked onto her face, a tank too that shows a lot of cleavage, and a mini skirt that rids way too far up her ass.

"It's not nice to stare," I say, keeping my head straight.

"Whoops, didn't notice. Just thought you were hot." She smirks and goes back chomping on her gum loudly.

I roll my eyes and notice the bus get suddenly loud. I see a girl walking down the aisle of the bus and everyone shouting foul names at her.

"YOU'RE SO SLOW, RETARD!" the whore next to me shouts. I roll my eyes but keep my mouth shut, observing the girl. The bus slams forward and she slams into the seat.

After everyone gets off the bus, I go to the seat behind the girl and say, "Hey."

She ignores me. "Hello?" I ask a little louder.

She ignores me again, so I sit down right next to her and take her earphones out. "I said hey."

"Oh, hi," she says. I can't help but notice the dullness in her eyes. They're a pretty, light blueish-gray, but they look so dead.

"I'm Harry," I finally manage to say, and stand up.

"Hi, I'm Cassie."

I smile and she smiles right back at me. Her smiles not wide, though, like mine, it's small, and almost fragile.

"Nice to meet you, Cassie. I'm new here, just moved from England. Would you show me around?" She interests me a lot, I would like to know why kids are so cruel to her. Is she a bitch or something?

She hesitates before saying, "um- I don't thi-"

I cut her off, "If you don't want to it's fine. I understand." I start to walk away.

"Wait! It's not that I don't want to, it's just that I don't know if you'd want to be seen around me," She explains and slumps into her seat.

I sit next to her and place my hand on her thigh. She shifts uncomfortably, so I remove my hand. But I can't help but feeling something from the closeness of our skin.

"I don't care what anyone thinks of you or of me. If I want you to show me around, then you will! Fuck what people think." I say back, firmly. I'm surprised I'm saying this considering my past. Fuck, I really need to stop thinking about it.

The bus driver screams over the microphone for us to get off the bus, so I laugh and take her books for her to walk inside.

I turn around to look at her while we're walking and I catch her looking at me, "what?" I ask and smile.

"Oh, nothing."

"Well-", I start to say.

"I'm just really, really happy you moved here," She says and this time her eyes light up for real and she smiles.

"Me too." I say and mean it.

I can't help but wonder what she feels. But, hell, I don't even know what I feel. I just want a friend here and she seems fine, so whatever.

It's whatever.

I get her to show me around and end up walking her to her first period class. And somehow manage to get to meet her at her locker at the end of the day.

The bell rings to signal the start of first period.

I can't help but think all period about the dullness, unlivelyness, but raw beauty that lies behind this girl.

I want to figure her out.