Chapter 11

Chapter 11 / The Light
Changsub's POV

I AM MESSED UP.

It's midnight and I'm in my room. It's quite dark with only my lampshade on. I sat by my old study table, staring at the opened notebook in front of me. The words scribbled on the paper won't even register in my head.

I can't write.

All I could think about was Chorong's cute singing voice, her image in my head during the sunset, the feeling of her hand in mine, both her reassuring and bright smiles.

And suddenlyㅡjust suddenly, I don't want my song to be sad.

I took a picture of the things I wrote and before I change my mind, I sent them to Chorong. Maybe she's sleeping now but she would see it tomorrow morning when she wakes up. I hope it won't make her sad.

[Image]
I WANT TO 'UN-SAD' THIS SONG. HOW DO I DO THAT??? NEED SUGGESTIONS FROM THE EXPERT

I listened to the tick of the clock while I waited for her reply, but maybe I was right about her sleeping already.

#

Chorong's POV

I was laying on my stomach in bed, writing a new song when my phone buzzed. I got a text message from Changsub.

At twelve-fifty-five.

I felt my cheeks get warm so I ran my hands through my face. "What is this?" I asked helplessly. "What is happening to me?"

After reading his message, I quickly went to read what lyrics he wrote.

And it's sad. I was sad to think he even felt like this.

I guess everyone has to go through the most painful day of their lives at least once or more timesㅡbecause we all care and love. Caring is a risk. Loving is raw and painful and joy. We all crave both. And when we get both, it's like magicㅡand magic is amazing at first but we don't realize how tricky it is until it's too late.

I finally replied to him: HOPE.

After we realized how tricky love is, we could just hope that things would turn out the way we want it to be. Hope is the only thing that pushes us to go and see the end of what we started.

So I took the pen again, I flipped onto a blank page and I started writing something that could be a part of Changsub's song.

I think of my mom and what I hope could be her point of view. Everything around me, even my phone faded into the background. It's just me and my mind, and the pen and the paper again.

I see you at the end
You’re crumbling alone in the darkness
And I’m holding tight to you
I see you at the end
When I open my eyes again
It’ll be the day I wanted so much

After finishing a verse, I felt my eyelids getting heavier so I took a picture of what I wrote and I sent it to Changsub.

jst spmethinh i wrptr resd it. giid nighy

#

I woke up by the alarm and then I slept in a bit more, squeezing the notebook under me. And then my phone vibrated on my hand so I convinced myself it's time to really wake up.