62. New Avengers

"Stark, you worry about bringing the city back down safely. The rest of us have one job: tear these things apart. You get hurt, hurt 'em back. You get killed, walk it off." Steve gives orders on the comm to everyone, panting in between his words.

"There's a Vibranium core under the rock, the magnetic field keeps it together." T'Challa explains, the smooth and clear sound of his claws resounds in the background.

"Destroying the core would stop it from flying away." Tony deduces logically. "If it drops though, the impact would kill thousands but once it gets high enough: global extinction."

"Shit." I swear under a heavy breath as we fly farther and farther away. How are we supposed to save the people on the ground and on this flying city? Apart from that, there's still Ultron and his army. We are screwed, I don't even know how we should save ourselves.

Catching the panic scream of a woman, I turn around and my eyes widen at the car that wobbles between the depth and the breaking bridge. I don't hesitate to run towards the car, grabbing the back of it and using my full strength to pull it to the bridge. The pain of every single nerve in my arms hits me and I clench my teeth, my muscles are on fire. I start shaking as my strength already decreases, growing tired and weak but my grip tightens.

"No, no, no, I'm not gonna let you fall! I got you!" I try to calm her down between clenched teeth when I notice her anxious look. My feet almost slip away, losing the balance and the metal beam I'm holding onto is about to break apart. Blank panic lets my heart skip a beat, my hands become sweaty. "Guys, I need help!"

In the next moment, Thor comes flying from beneath, quickly grabbing the woman and landing on the street to let her down. Her scream falls silent and I finally let go of the car, sinking tiredly to the ground as my muscles become sore and I lose my strength. I pant heavily and beads of sweat coat my forehead.

"Are you alright?" Thor places a hand on my shoulder and I nod reluctantly, steadying my breath.

"I- I'm just not as strong as Steve." I mutter and hold onto his arm to get up. Noticing the swarm of robots flying towards us, I look at the hammer. "Ready for an electrical collision?"

"Thought you'd never ask." He smirks and summons a growling thunder as I gain electricity in my hands, the sibilance becomes louder and louder. I shoot the voltage at his thunder and the encounter turns into an electrifying collision, killing off hundreds of robots. It rains destroyed pieces of metal and the area is empty, all civilians have left.

"We're clear here."

"Thor." Ultron appears and annoyance runs through his robotic voice. He flies towards us and grabs the God of thunder by his neck, getting away with him. "You're bothering me."

"Thor!" I shout and shoot a blast of energy at Ultron but they escape. Groaning, I run to another borough to help while I speak through the earpiece to the only one who could possibly stop Ultron. "Vision, Ultron's got Thor."

"Do not worry, Miss Farrell. I will take care of this." He assures me as I run straight into the chaos of killer bots, dismantling each of them with my bare hands or electrifying them. The eye-catching silver hair stands in my sight and the boy leans tiredly against a wall, fear lurking in his blue eyes.

"Pietro!" I walk over there and a robot is in my way, trying to shoot at me. Before it has the chance to fire, I throw my first against his metal skull, leading it to fly away. My knuckles slightly hurt but I ignore the pain and keep fighting my way through to the Sokovian. "Is everything okay?"