1

(Cailin's POV)

The Winter London wind bit my cheeks as snow pounded down on my body. There I was in the middle of London's biggest snowstorm - lying on a frozen bench in the middle of the park.

A small bowl containing a few notes laid in front of me. Whatever, it's not like I would use the money for food anyways. I'm fat enough as it is. I look up from my bench as I see couples and strangers passing by. They all look...happy. I sighed. I don't even remember the last time I was happy.

I daydreamed of a world where I lived with a happy family, a perfect body, and perhaps even get married with kids one day.

All of a sudden I was awaken from my daydream with what felt like an icy punch hits me in the face. I look over to see a couple of teenage boys pointing and laughing at me. I sucked in my breath as they reminded me of my haunting past...

                                 Flashback

It was a typical Tuesday afternoon as I had just got home from my boyfriend's house. My bruised inner thighs ached as I climbed the steps to the front porch. I slowly opened the door to my house, praying that my mum was out.

"CAILIN GET YOUR FAT ASS IN HERE," a rough voice called from the kitchen.

I froze in my tracks. Shit. She was home. I slowly shuffled my way to the kitchen. I was greeted by my mum with a loud smack across my face. I gasped and clutched my face in pain as the witch towered over me.

"Slut, why didn't you do the dishes before you went to school like I told you to? Wait I KNOW WHY!! Your fat ass can't handle so much exercise can it, eh?"

My own mum had turned me anorexic. I hadn't eaten in days. Tears threatened to spill over my cheeks as I quietly mumbled, "Yes, mum."

Mum fumed, "LOUDER YOU WHORE. LOOK AT ME WHEN YOU'RE SPEAKING TO ME. I SAID, LOOK."

SMACK

I was now silently sobbing on the floor. Miraculously, I dodged another hit as a scrambled to my feet and ran to my room that I shared with my sister and slammed the door. I quickly barricaded the door with my desk as I sunk against the wall with my face in my hands.

All of a sudden a quiet, comforting voice whispered, "Cai?"

I smiled as I recognized the voice of my 8 year old sister, Sienna. The only thing that brought happiness into my life. The only thing that even made it worth living.

"Cai, are you okay?"

Still shaken from the encounter with my mum, I quietly mouthed, "Yes."

"Hello? Are you alright? Are you okay? Hello?"

Flashback End

I snapped back to reality as I realized a young, what seemed like 20 year-old boy was talking to me. He had a friendly, concerned face with dark hair and light brown skin.

"Anyone there? Are you okay? I saw those kids throwing snowballs at you." he worriedly asked.

"Yes, I'm fine! Sorry about that I kind of zoned out" I replied.

He tore off one of his jackets and handed it to me.

"What are you doing out here in the cold anyways?" the boy asked.

"It's really none of your business. But clearly, I'm homeless! Besides I don't even know your name" I snapped while pointing to my money bowl.

The boy looked surprise and replied, "I'm sorry I didn't mean to intrude or anything, I just thought you were lost. I'm Vikk by the way."

I sighed, "Don't apologize. It's not your fault anyways. I've just been quiet snappy lately since I've been through quite a lot. Oh, and the name's Cailin."

I held out a hand as he smiled warmly and accepted it. I moved over on the bench to make room for Vikk to sit.

"That's totally understandable. My girlfriend just broke up with me yesterday." Vikk said as he gave me a sad smile.

I patted his hand even though I secretly thought that what he's going through is nothing compared to what I am.

"Life is shit sometimes. Isn't it?" I sighed.

"Cheers mate." Vikk sighed back.

After that we sat in silence for a couple of minutes, enjoying each other's company. It was a comfortable sort of silence, not at all awkward. I think I'm beginning to like this Vikk guy.

But I almost changed my mind when he opened his mouth.

"So how did you end up in this position?"
-------------------------------------------------------

(A/N: Woo! First chapter :p Thank you to everyone who's read the first chapter of my trash 💙 Again, I'll try and keep author notes to a minimum, but cmon it's the first chapter. Would you guys like me to put the word count at the end of every chapter? Peace, loves!!)

xx
-Ash

p.s - feedback would be lovely :))