4

(Simon's POV)

I've been thinking about Cailin all day. I can't get her out of my head. Thanks to my idiocy, she probably thinks I hate her now. Everytime I tried to work up the courage and talk to her my voice just faltered.

It's actually the opposite. She's the most beautiful person I've ever met. Just watching her talk and laugh is enough to make me happy. Cailin's one of those people that you could never get angry at, because she's just so damn precious.

I need to talk to her.

I exit my bedroom and walk downstairs to the second floor at Cailin's room. I took a deep breath and knocked on her door.

"Come in!" I heard her gentle voice shout.

I slowly peeked into her room as a look of shock spread across her face as she saw who it was.

"O-Oh. Hey, Simon." She greeted me.

I sat down next to her on the bed.

"Listen. I'm sorry if it seemed like I've been acting hostile towards you. I just had some family issues." I lied.

Damn it, Simon. Why can't you just tell her the truth?

Cailin actually looked relieved and replied, "Don't be sorry. Everyone struggles sometimes, usually me more than others. I got issues, you got em too!"

I laughed at her Julia Michaels reference.

We spent the next three hours chatting about football, music, and gaming.

"Damn, it's late!" She gasped as she checked the clock that read 3AM.

"I guess I should get going then. Oh yeah and just to make it official...friends?" I asked her.

"Oh right. Yeah. Friends." She replied, giving me a weak smile.

Did I just see disappointment flash across her face? Who am I kidding. There's no way someone as amazing as her could ever fall for someone like me.

(Cailin's POV)

Yep. I think I just fell for Simon Minter. As soon as I saw him I knew that he was going to perfect. When I'm with him I feel so protected and safe.

But it hurts. His words echoed in my mind.

"Friends?"

No! I wanted to say. I want to be more than friends. But I know that Simon Minter will never love me more than just a housemate.

The next morning I woke up early to cook breakfast for the boys. I plugged in my earphones and set my favorite song, "Greedy" by Ariana Grande on repeat.

"You know that I'm greedy for love!" I chanted as I prepared the pancake mix.

10 repeats and an hour later, my fabulous breakfast was ready. Pancakes, eggs, fruit, and other glorious items laid on the kitchen island. I wouldn't be eating any of it of course.

All of a sudden a sleep-deprived JJ (probably from editing all night) stumbled down the stairs and tiredly mumbled, "What's all the noise?"

But immediately after he saw what was on the table, he shrieked like a little girl who just saw her favorite toy.

JJ gushed, "You did all of this just for us?"

Then he ran over to me and gave me a bear hug.

Then he shouted, "Simon, Harry, Tobi, Vikk, Ethan, Josh! Get yo asses down here!"

One by one, a horde of dead-looking boys stumbled down the stairs. My heart flipped after I saw Simon's messy bedhead. How can he look so fiiinnee after literally 2 hours of sleep?