Chapter 5

"Oh my beloved Destin, you have saved my life," the Emperor praised. "Those farmers are no match against my army."

   "Report," a guard ran in. "The Liao has sent a messenger here."

   "Let him in," the Emperor ordered.

   The guard left. In about a mealtime, a man ambled in with arrogancy. "Are you the Emperor."

   "Yes, I am that most powerful and influential man in this world. Why aren't you on your knees."

   "I kneel to the sky, to the land, to the sea and to my parents. So why should I kneel down to you."

   "What do you want," the Emperor frowned.

   "My King and Quenn has decided to show mercy and make peace. We have kindly invite you and your men to come to the feast at the Golden Beach where we can discuss and sign the peace treaty. We hope you will be there." The man left without permission.

   "My dear son," Beaty startled. "We must go to the meeting and bring peace to the world."

   "No, my dear son," the Eight Thousand King objected. "It's too dangerous. People from the Liao is unthrustable."

   "The Eight Thousand King is right," Destin agreed. "It may be a trap."

   "But son, if you don't go, it will show fear and so the world will laugh at you calling you weak," Beaty stated.

   "I have made my choice," the Emperor called. "We must go."

   "But," Destin tried.

   "You dare disobey my decisions. Beaty and Destin come with me. Rest of you stay in YouZhou."

   The Song army arrived at the Golden Beach where they were greeted by a Liao general.

   "Greetings, Emperor of the Song. My majesty has yet arrived, please rest in the temporary palace."

   "When will that slave meet me," the Emperor said without giving the general a look.

   "I will give thee notice tomorrow."

   The young generals of Yang all settled in their rooms. Flather, Clee and Sucee a room. Sucee ran out in search for alcohol.

   "Sixth brother," Flather called. "I have an ominous premonition that this meeting will be bloody."

   "Don't worry big brother. Father's heroism probably stun the Liaos," Clee assured.

   "Clee, a Daoist priest told mother and I that "Seven sons leaves, one son returns."

   "What, brother, do thou really believe in a priests prediction. Nobody will die."

   "But Clee just promise me that if that's true, live and revenge thy brother."

   Suddenly, the sounds of cannons filled the air and the wall of their room bursted into pieces.

   "We're under attack," a soldier reported.

   "What!" Clee shouted ferociously.

   "We have been surrounded," the guard added.

   "Clee, quick, we need to find father."

   The two young men ran into the palace where everyone was. The Emperor was under the table craving for help.

   "Get me out of here," the Emperor yelled.

   "Flather, where's Beaty Pan?" Destin asked.

   "Father, he's nowhere to be seen. His sons his gone too."