Chapter 6

After three days of good care, Destin was back up strong. But he heard an unfortunate news that the Eight Thousand King has returned to the capital with the Emperor.

   "Clee, Sucee. I send you two twenty lis West and East of YouZhou city for defense," Beaty's ordered.

   "What are you up too?" Sucee prompted.

   "Quiet," Destin gave out. Clee and Sucee left unsatisfied.

   "Ike Hu," Beaty called. "YouZhou city is lacking food. I send you back to the capital to go and fetch food."

   "I am here as a supervisor, not a general," Ike denied.

   "Brother, I'll be fine," Destin assured.

   "Be careful, Destin," Ike advised. "I will be back within a few days. Farewell, brother."

   That night, Beaty held a feast. Beaty, Aragon, Dagon and Thyge substituted each other while drunkening Destin.

   Destin fell into a deep sleep as soon as his head touched the pillow. But when the moon was running down and the sun showed his head, the assembly drum alarmed.

   In the main camp, all generals were listening to Beaty's role call. "Aragon, Dagon, Thyge."

   "Here," a unison of voice replied.

   After the role call, everyone was here except Destin.

   "Quick, Aragon, write it down. That's forty stick slam for Destin Yang." Beaty ordered.

   Beaty immediately began the second role call. "Gost Zhou, Tri Chai, Scae Chen."

   "Here," the young men's heart raced for Destin.

   "That's eighty for Destin," Beaty laughed.

   Without any rest, he began the final role call. "Thousent Lang, Milliam Lang, Destin Yang."

   "Here," a man stumbled in and knelt down. "I am sorry for my tardiness but I knew nothing about assembling early today."

   "Huh, thou art lucky that thou have arrived orelse thy head will be gone." Beaty frowned. "Pull him out and smack him eighty times. Thousent, Milliam, you two do the job."

   The two general pulled Destin outside and laid him on a bench. They held the merciless fire water staff and executed swift yet gentle.

   "Harder, I want scarlet in every hit."

   Their plan backfired so they slammed with all their strength. "Sorry, General Yang," the two apologized.

   "No worries," Destin said bravely. "Just do your job."

   Every hit that landed, blood seeped from Destin's legs and buttocks. After forty mighty hits, Destin finally lost his senses.

   "Marshal, he passed out," Thousent reported.

   "Wake him up with cold water."

   "Yes sir."

   The freezing water brought Destin back to the cruel world.

   "Hit him!" Beaty shouted.

   Milliam came to Beaty. "Marshal Pan, thou cannot order us to hit General Yang anymore. Take into consideration of his age, position and fame."

   "Argh, bring him in."

   Destin was dragged in like a dead dog. "Destin, I give thee an arrow of order to lead five hundred special units to fetch me the Liao marshal's head."