C H A P T E R T H I R T E E N

-

-

"The plan has succeeded."

"Good, very good. Xerxes would be mounting the girl for the next days, it'll give you enough time to sort out everything else for me."

"I know, but the guardian will be returning soon. And he won't be alone."

"Nor will we."

-

                    He didn't know what was happening, or what had happened, all he and his beast knew as of that moment was that someone had touched something that was theirs

And all of Tronos knew to never meddle with what their king considers to be his.

His obsidian black eyes focused on his brother, who stood in distress as he cradled a shaking Adelaide in his arms. Xerxes' reaction was instantaneous, taking no longer than a second before he had possessively taken his queen in his embrace and had snarled in the direction of Eztli, enraged that his brother had the audacity to even hold his precious Dela.

A series of hiccups brought him out of his anger ridden stupor, his attention immediately being stolen by the vulnerable girl that cuddled to his neck, no doubt seeking comfort from what's happened.

"I want this bitch found." Xerxes demanded, to both Eztli and Barin. "Find her and bring her to me. Alive."

Both nodded in understanding and turned to leave once the king put himself and his queen inside the safety of their chamber.

Xerxes brought them to the four poster bed, pushing the heavy curtain aside and settled Adelaide by its edge before kneeling down in front of her to be able to directly catch her eyes with his own, but it was soon proving to be difficult because his defiant little love seems to have taken an interest on her fidgeting fingers than his incessant efforts of trying to make her look at him; and the beast was growing impatient.