chapter four

Chapter 4. ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

Brynn ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

Decisions you make can make your life better, or it can ruin it. You can choose yourself if you say 'yes', or 'no'. You can choose yourself if you go to somewhere or not, and you can choose who you're becoming friends with. At least, most of the time you can choose; because if you're a girl like me, then you don't really have the choice. You're seen at 'that girl'. 

That girl who's father is a police.

That girl who never get caught cheating, because all teachers love her. 

That girl who's hated by the most, because she's loved by the wrong. 

I don't know why or how people see me when I walk through the hallways of the schools. Just like now; I'm walking, step by step, and I swear that I hear people gossiping about me. I try to shrug their nasty and hurtful comments off of me by just walking straight to my boy; Zack. "Babe" He greets me as he sees me approaching, and he wraps his arm around my waist. "You ready to go?" He asks me, pulling me a little bit closer. I smile and nod, kissing him on his cheek. "I am," I say, hooking my fingers in the back pockets of his jeans.

Together, we walk out of school. When I'm with Zack: it's like my world is a whole lot different. We went to the same school together since last year, but we actually met on a party. I bumped into him by accident and that was the moment we started talking. I figured out that Zack has many friends: people you don't want to be see with. But that's only how my father describes them. He's just anti tattoo- anti piercings, and most of all: anti- Zack. He doesn't understand, but Zack is good for me. Because of him, I survive the days at school. but my father won't ever understand that school is a hell, and that because of Zack: it seems more like purgatory.

We're walking down the streets, towards our 'clubhouse'. Zack and his friends go to that place ever since they were little kids, and since I'm dating Zack, I go there as well. It's just an abandoned house where we sit all the time. Nobody to interrupt us, and nobody to judge us. Arriving there, Zack and I walk inside and I sit down next to him, while he wraps an arm around me. "I love you, Bry" he murmurs in my ear, planting a soft kiss on my temple. I smile and a sigh escapes my lips as I place my head on his shoulder. "I love you too" I whisper, closing my eyes.

"Hey guys, I've got something..." Kendall Vertes, one of our friends announced. "What, again another boyfriend?" Emery teased, but Kendall shot him an blank stare and she rolled her eyes. "No," she annoyingly said, "I have this..." She said, throwing a little package on the table in the middle of us all. Zack lit up a cigarette and his eyes widened, so did mine. "What the-" he asked, his cigarette between his teeth. "Is that cocaine?" He asked, raising his eyebrows. "No, it's sugar," Kendall said, rolling her eyes again, "of course it is, dumbass" She said. "How did you get that?" Emery asked, frowning a little bit. "I just have my connections," Kendall said, shrugging her shoulders. She looked at me and a smirk appeared on her face. "And you, blonde" Kendall said, looking at me, "what do you think- wanna try it?" Kendall asked, shoving the little sack of powder in my direction.

"No way," Zack said, glaring at Kendall, "don't involve her in your shit," he said as smoke escaped his lips after lurking at his cigarette. "Oh boo-hoo-hoo" Kendall said, rolling her eyes. "She hasn't even proven that she fits in our gang," Kendall said, looking straight back at me. "Our gang, what is this, greace?" Zack spat, "she doesn't need to prove anything," he said, taking my hand, "she's my girl, so she fits in our 'as you say so gang'." Zack said, squeezing my hand softly. "It's just for fun," Kendall groaned, taking the little bag and waving it before my nose, "or will daddy be mad if you try this?" Kendall laughed, "will daddy the police officer give you detention?" she pouted.

"Oh shut up," I spat back, snapping the little bag of cocaine out of her hands. "You want me to take this? Will you then finally accept me in this group? Is that what you want?" I asked, going with my hand through my blonde curls, "then I will fucking sniff it if that's what you really want. At least then you can stop with all this bullshit," I said. "Great," Kendall said. She took a piece of paper and rolled it up, and she snapped the little bag back out of my hands and put the powder on the table, making a small line. "Here," she said, handing me the little rolled up paper, "do it," she said, "at least... If you dare," she sniggered. 

I looked over at Emery who shook his head in despite because of Kendall, and Zack put his hands on my shoulder, "babe," he said, "don't do it," he whispered, "you really don't need to prove anything," he said. I stared at the cocaine on the table, then back at Zack, then Emery, and then back at Kendall. 

This can't do much harm, can it? 

There: a decision which ruined my life.

End of chapter.