Confessions

After our dinner we returned to the house and began winding down for the night. I jumped in the shower for a few seconds to relax and then dressed into sweats and a muscle shirt before I moved to my favorite spot in my room, the couch that sat before the portrait of Rosalie and myself. I was so focused on the picture that I didn't even realise when the door opened and Koti came in. The only thing I noticed was when she took a seat beside me on my couch.

I snapped out of my trance and quickly looked at her. She was looking at the picture.

"She is really pretty, is that your fiance?" She asked.

I nodded my head. "Yeah that's her. Her name was Rosalie." I said quietly.

For a few minutes all was quiet. I knew something was wrong because I could hear Koti's heart beat speeding up.

"What's wrong?" I asked her.

A saw the gleam of a tear sliding down her face before she quickly wiped it away. "I have to tell you something." she said in a shaky voice.

I adjusted my seating to get a better look at her. She looked torn apart. I quickly pulled her into my arms and held her. The moment her skin touched mine I felt my throat inflame. I quickly held my breath and pushed her gently away before I rose to my feet.

"I'm sorry." I whispered. "I'll be right back." I turned quickly and headed upstairs towards Carlisle's office where he kept his medical things. I hoped that he had a few bottles of blood on hand if not I'd have to head off into the woods to try and find an animal which could take several minutes.

I began rifling through desks and drawers before I checked in a fridge. I immeadiately took some of the bags of blood and was about to open it before I stopped. This was human blood, I wasn't allow to have human blood. The scent of the blood that had been subtle to me began quickly growing overwhelming by the millisecond. I quickly shoved it back in the fridge and gripped the desk to try and center myself.

My breathing grew deeper as I tried to decide what to do. I could drink this blood, this human blood and loose all ounce of respect I had for myself or I could leave this house and hunt animals to sooth myself. The only thing I didn't like was the thought of leaving Koti downstairs in a disraught condition. I wanted to be there for her but being there for her at this moment would test me beyond my control.

I quickly grabbed the phone from the desk and dialed the first person I thought of.

"Hello?"

"Edward, I need your help." I began.

"What is it?" he asked me a bit worried.

"When you first met Bella how did you keep from attacking her and drinking her blood?" I asked.

There was a long pause. "Imagine the scent of her blood. Do you feel that pain?" he asked me.

I closed my eyes and thought about how her blood smelled when I got too close. I quickly brought my hand up to my throat as the pain became over bearing to the point I was tempted to drink the human blood in the fridge.

"Yes I feel it." I said tensed.

"Okay, well the pain I felt when I was near Bella I knew would only grow worse if I was to give in to my temptations. The only difference was the pain I wouldn't ever be able to get rid of. Imagine living with that pain for the rest of my existence which is forever. The thought of losing Bella..." Edward trailed off.

"Thanks for that insight." I said before I hung up.

I looked towards the fridge and then looked towards the door. I thought about what Edward told me and I knew that I needed to overcome this. If Edward could do it for Bella then I could do it for Koti. I headed out of the office and downstairs to my bedroom where Koti was still sitting on the couch.