CHP1- Standing up for myself

Chapter 1: standing up for myself

Alexis

It was the beginning of senior year for me. You would think I'm the popular type. Well, I'm not, My friends are. They are Lauren and Katelyn. I don't even know how we became friends.

But we are and we are very close to each other. I'm an 18 year old who hasn't had any sexual experiences. This was the year that all of that was going to change according to my friend's.

I wake up for school. I can't say I'm excited to be back to school. Because I'm not. I pick out a basic outfit. That was my ripped knee jeans and a basic black t-shirt with my black sk8 vans.

I put my hair in Dutch braids. I brush my teeth quickly before Lauren came by to pick me up. I don't bother wearing makeup. I hear a honk and it's Lauren. I get my backpack and my phone off my bed.

I run my way down stairs. I say goodbye to my mom. My parents got divorced when I was 10.

I walk out the door.

"Girl, hurry up we got something to tell you," Lauren squeals as I jog to the back seat

"Spill," Is all I say to her while putting on my seat belt.

"There's a part toni-" I cut her off

"I'm not going to a party, not on a school night Laur," I say

"Yes you are, this is your year," She winks in the mirrors direction as she's driving

"Katelyn, tell her something," I tell her

"Alexis, she's right it's your year to cut loose," she giggled

***

We finally get to school. I did not miss this at all. My friends and I have separate classes. The only class we have together is Pe.

I get all my books and my schedule. I start to jog to find my locker. I found it but you see some jock was leaning against it while having a heated make out with a blonde.

I just stand there and not say anything. It's hard for me to say things to people. Basically to stand up for myself.

"Can't you move? This clearly isn't your locker!" Lauren hissed at the jock and I just smile that Lauren was here to say something

"Have it your way bitch," He rolls his eyes and leaves

"Babe, you gotta start to back yourself up you know," She looks at me and just smiles

"I'm trying but thank you," I giggled

"There is a way for you to thank me," Her smirks widens

"That is?"

"The party, you're going," She winks at me

"Fine," I sigh

"See you later," She walks off

***

I'm just bored sitting in class. I bite the end of my pencil. Just hearing the teacher talking makes me wanna sleep.

"Okay, students get paper out and write about your fears," He lets out a sigh between his words

I get my notebook out and begin to write down my biggest fear.

My fear

I'm afraid of not being good enough. I hate that fact that one day I will end up alone. I can't speak up for myself someone is always there to do it for me. But what if they get tired and leave? No one seems to know me I'm just known as the nerd.