Chapter 6

3rd person's pov

Naruto's clone went on its way to the Nara compound while Sasuke and Sakura were busy segregating the scrolls they had got from the Sandaime Hokage (Third Hokage) into separate piles while the original Naruto was going through the scrolls that his clones had brought him from his father's study. While they were busy sorting and piling things the Naruto clone reached the Nara compound went towards the main house drinking in the sight around him as he went and knocked on the door. Nervousness racked his entire body as he waited for the door to open. He tensed as he sensed a chakra signature that he knew all too well come towards the door. The door was opened by none other that Skikaku Nara, the Nara clan head, advisor to the Hokage and Shikamaru's dad.

"How may I help you Uzumaki san?" asked Shikaku.

"Ummm. Is Shikamaru available?. If he is then could you please call him down. I wanna ask him if he would like to play with us. " Naruto asked after swallowing his nervousness.

"He is available. Wait a moment" Shikaku said ass he turned his head so that he was facing his house and yelled for Shikamaru to come down. After a few moments of waiting Shikamaru appeared lazily walking towards his father giving him a look which meant 'what was so important that you had to yell at me'. His father shrugged and told that his friend had come to ask him out to play and went inside leaving the kids alone. Shikamaru walked with the blonde closing the door behind him.

"So where are we heading?" asked Shikamaru as they took a different path instead of the one he takes to get to the park.

"Boss will explain everything to you I'm just a clone he tasked with bringing you to him" Naruto clone replied. The Nara just nodded his head in aknowledgement and followed the clone. After few minutes of walking through the forest they reached the Namikaze compound. The clone stopped just before the barrier and held his hand out to Shikamaru, which he took after a moment of hesitation. As soon as his hand connected with Naruto clone's hand Shikamaru felt himself being pulled. He blinked for a moment to adjust at sudden light that hit him as his eyes adjusted to his surroundings he noticed that the clone had poofed away and infront of stood three kids about his age amidst piles and pile of scrolls and books.

"Hello Shikamaru I'm Naruto and I called you out here to help us out with our little problem. These two with me are Sasuke Uchiha and Sakura Haruno. Glad you could join us" Naruto said while he extended his arm towards Shikamaru to shake.

"Hello" Shikamaru said as he shook the blonde's hand. 

"So what do you need my help for?" asked Shikamaru a bit cautiously as his eyes narrowed in suspicion.

"No need to be so cautious Shika. Even if you don't remember you were once our comrade too. You just forgot thats all"  Naruto said.This just a confused look from the young Nara.

"What you mean 'was your comrade'?" Shika asked. 

"What this idiot meant was that you were once our friend and comrade. But that was in a different timeline from this one. Meaning -" Sasuke was interrupted  "You guys are from another timeline" Shika finished for Sasuke who smirked in approval.

"Yup. That basically sums it up and now we need your help so that this timeline is safe and what happened in our timeline doesn't repeat itself again. So are you in or not. If you don't want to help us I can take you back or if you are willing to help I'll give you the future you's memories. So what is your desicion?" asked Naruto as they waited for the Nara's reply. After thinking about it for sometime the Nara accepted their proposal and decided to help them. All the three let out the breath that they had been holding.

"Okay now that that is settled, Shika hold out your arm. I'll send the memories stored inside the soul print of the Shika from our timeline to you. Since there are lots of memories I'll send them very slowly as that you can get accustomed with it also you won't get a migrain this way" Naruto told Shika as he held his comrade's hand in his. The young Nara nodded as Naruto's hand glowed with reddish chakra covering his hand which was holding Shikamaru's hand.

Shikamaru's pov

The hand of the blonde who called himself Naruto glowed with a red color chakra coating it.I don't know what made me agree to the words of a complete stranger but when I saw them something in the back of my mind told me that I can trust the blonde no Naruto with his life. Something abot these three made me feel nostalgic.

As such thoughts were going through my mind flashes of faces, snippets of conversation passed through my mind as I looked up to question Naruto as to what was happening.

"You will start to get bits and piecies of your memory. Don't resist the flow, just go with it. Allow it to carry you through it, the flow will bring you to your destination"  said Naruto ashe answered my unspoken question.

To say that I was shocked was an understatement cause no one is able to read me this perfectly not even my best friend Chouji with whom I pratically grew up with. I must've really trusted Naruto if he is able to read me as if I'm an open book since I make sure to always keep my expression blank.

More info flowed into my mind. I did not resist it and flowed along with the river of memories. After what seemed like eternity to me while actually only a few moments had only passed in reality I started to remenber things. I did not notice Naruto take his hand away from mine nor did I notice Sakura help me towards the sofa to steady myself as i swayed at the onslaught of memories.

After the disorienting effect on me lessened i felt as though something inside me become whole again. It actually felt like I was finally cameback home. As soon as my thoughts cleared I jumped up from the sofa shouting 'Hokage - sama' as my last thought was seeing a jutsu flying towards my kage.

"I'm quite alright Shika kun. Welcome back. It's good to have you back with us again. Never ever do something like that again you idiot" said Naruto as he crushed me with a bear hug. Soon Sasuke and Sakura both joined the hug relatively happy. After some time I untangled myself from the hug and kneeled infront of my Kage.

"It's good to be back in your service Hokage - sama" I said.