Chapter Sixteen ✓

:                                 :                                  :

SENT TUESDAY 1:33 AM

ME: Can we talk about what happened yesterday?

ME: I need to talk to you.

. . .

SENT WEDNESDAY 11:41 PM

ME: Please stop ignoring me.

ME: Quinn.

ME: Quinn.

ME: Quinn

ME: Quinn

ME: QUINN.

ME: I know you're seeing this shit.

. . .

SENT THURSDAY 4:18 AM

ME: I'm desperate.

ME: How long are you keeping this bullshit up? Just let me fucking talk to you.

ME: Quinn I'm sorry.

. . .

FRIDAY 3:11 PM

ME: You can't do this.

ME: I know it was fucked up. It hurt me too.

ME: You know I love you. You're still my boyfriend.

ME: Why aren't you answering my calls? All I need to do is talk to you

. . . 

FRIDAY 10:05 PM 

ME: Please don't hate me.

ME: Stay up. 

I stare at our messages. My messages. I listen as my mom closes the door to her room for the night. Staring out my open window and down the slanted roof, I'm less concerned about getting down than getting up to Quinn. Sneaking out of my house is routine, but sneaking in to someone else's? That's new. But I'm desperate. I'm so desperate. It's been nearly four days without talking to him or seeing him or kissing him. I haven't seen his smile. I have no pictures, so I look at that picture I drew instead- but it's not right. It's not him. I fear what he has to say and what he'll do, but I need to see him.

All these scenarios run through my head like reels of film as I slip through my window and to the roofs edge. I grip a pipe running up the corner and drop down, my hands burning with calyces and cuts as I move quietly with the symphony of empty tin. My feet hit the grass, sending a jolt of pain through my ankle.

Whatever Quinn does, maybe I'll deserve it. He still doesn't understand, so I know that he's mad and has the right to be. But I'd made him bleed so he could be left alone sooner. I solved both our problems at once, and he doesn't even realize it. I haven't done anything wrong; all I've done is what's best for us. After tomorrow, it'll be three months until graduation officially. I have to keep him until then. I have to make him forgive me somehow.