Chapter Eight ✓

"So, how did you put it?" Coen orates. "Like a faggot?"

:

What?

"What are you saying?" I inhale sharply. My words come out weaker than expected. My body responds as his hand slips lower, lingering on the skin above the waist of my pants. 

"From the look of it, you know exactly what I'm saying." Coen replies. 

"I don't." I deny.

"Do you always feel the need to fuck your superiors?" He muses. "You're so used to being the alpha male, you can't stand it- so you want to make me subordinate to you somehow, is that it? That's so cliché."

I clutch Coen's wrist, forcing his hand from my skin. Without thinking, I push him back past the filing cabinets and slam him against the wall. He doesn't put up much of a fight as I do it, not that I gave him much time to react at all. I pin his shoulder with my left hand, I grasp his face with my right. I feel the muscles in his jaw clench, feel the sharpness of his skull.

"No." I say gruffly, a galled fire burning holes at the pit of my stomach. "What the fuck is your problem? Your... your motive in all of this- I've hardly known you for a week. What the fuck do you get out of this?"

"I don't owe you anymore explanation than I've already given."

"Bullshit." I snarl. "Answer me."

"Are answers really what you're looking for?" He asks, unfazed. "Or is it something else that you want?"

"What the fuck else would I want?"

"Me."

I seize Coen by the shoulders and spin him around to face the wall, shoving his face against it and wrenching his arm behind his back. I hear him utter a whimper of pain, but he still does not try to escape or stop me. He's letting me. 

"That's a lie." I tell him as solidly as I can, but I know that he's right.

"Please." Coen mutters. "Just admit it. I think there could be benefits for the two of us."

"You're the one coming onto me." 

"You're just realizing?" Coen breathes. "I've been coming onto you since the day I met you."

"Funny way to flirt."

"Who says I was flirting?" He laughs. "I've been entirely serious with you."

"So how could I have realized?" I hold his arm tightly. "Is your idea of 'coming on'  to someone pissing them off?"

"Not everyone." Coen answers, his sly smile pulling into a toothy grin. "But I've been a little less forgiving with you. I can tell you like a bit of a bite."

"Is that what all of this is? A ply?"

"Of course not." He leans back against my body. "I do really think that you're fucking insufferable. That's what makes it so easy for me to make you my pet."

"Fuck you."

"I wish you would."

Coen stands at his full height against my body, his back pressed against my chest and his ass against my groin. I can see the outline of his shoulder blades through his turtleneck. His scent is overwhelming. 

"So, what?" Coen inquires, bringing me back up from my trance. "Are you just going to hold me like this for the rest of the night? Tease me?"

I loom as we are for another moment, my body tense and craving him against my better judgment. I swallow harden, then slowly begin to loosen my hold until his arms are able to slide out. He turns to face me, rolling his shoulders and rubbing his arms where my hands had held him. When our eyes meet, my stomach turns.