4

Part 4
-
Dear,broken one

I saw you walking to school this morning. I didn't know you live in my neighborhood.

I was walking to school with my brother. He's deaf,He can't hear anything. It makes me wonder if he hears things in his head. If there is at least something there,and not just silence.

We had to learn sign language to speak to him. So I'm bilingual. Isn't that cool? I wonder if you know more then one language. I would ask,but I can't.

You seemed to zone out a lot during your walk. I wonder why. Is it because your having a hard time? Or do you have a lot on your mind?

I didn't know. It isn't my business anyway.

I asked my brother to give you a compliment for me. I told him the compliment and who to say I was. In sign language of course. He ran up to you and told you: my sister says your beautiful. She's afraid of talking to people so she sent me over here to tell you.

You smiled a small,beautiful smile.

You wrote on a piece of light blue paper from your bag and gave it to him.

He came back to me and gave me the paper. It said: thank you scared one. You're beautiful also.

I smiled like an idiot and said your welcome and thank you in my head.

I'm not brave enough to tell you Myself. Maybe soon.

Love, the scaredy cat.