Chapter 29

For the first time..

Ethan's POV:

Life is unpredictable, it can be compared to many things, a train journey, a roller coaster ride, a flowing brook or even a game. You don't have a control over your fate, but if you try then you can definitely change your fate. Right now standing at the edge of the cliff and looking at Alex splash into the water with her last words still ringing in my ears  'I trusted you'  I was regretting everything I did and most importantly the things I did not do when in places I could have done so much proving the statement true that 'In end we only regret the chances we didn't take'. Once I saw her body drown in the blue river, I was enraged at myself and especially the one who shot her- Dennis. I turned around and kicked the gun off his hands.

"I told you not to shoot her" I shouted as I shot his arm. In seconds all the other guns were at me. and I realized what I had done.

"Arrest him" Dennis said and all the other grabbed me and took me to the agency.

A big round of applause was what I heard the moment we reached the agency, but as they saw Dennis everyone fell silent like an echo which fades off. Murmuring was what I heard amidst people looking at me in awe but I looked at myself as a traitor. I was pushed into the main office while Dennis was medically attended.

"Ethan Young, you did a fabulous job, we appreciate it. But what you did at the end ruined everything." The head said and I looked up at him. I saw a look on his face but could not understand it, and slowly as he told me what would happen to me now that I had shot a fellow member, I recognized the expressions, he was going to ask me questions.

"So Mr. Ethan who else was a part of their duo" He asked

"No one" I said bluntly 

"Now, that is not possible, they were helped otherwise they couldn't have done it" He said

"They were both very smart, so smart that you will never be able to understand them" I said and banged my fist on the table "And coming on Dennis's topic, how are you going to punish me?"

There was a silence of hearty good bunch of minutes "Technically you should be sent to jail, but since you are a great agent, I want to just send you on a holiday"

I hated this, the cryptic talks and sneering expressions he gave me were enough for my rage to blaze. Since our leader had changed, the agency was going down and I knew it. I decided I did not want to be a part of it.

"Why don't I take a leave from this organization forever and never come back, provided that I am not snooped on and left on my own like a normal citizen." I said and he looked at me confused " And if I am not provided all this I might just tell everyone about your deals with James and conversation with people you would not want to get disclosed" and I smiled

"You cannot go against me" He said 

"Trust me I can" I said and he panicked.

"Let me call someone to drop you off" He said sweetly

"No need I will leave by myself " I said and went out of the agency. Forever.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AFTER 1 YEAR...

There was not a single day where I did not think about Alex. When first I joined her group, the sole aim I had was to know their truth and destroy them. I believed that they were some funded group who loved to kill people, some psychotics, but was shocked to see that they were just like me, enjoying their days, unlike Alex. Jeremy had become my man, the only friend who was of my gender and Kelly like a sister, bubbly and smart. But my emotions towards Alex were mixed, there was something in her but at the same time, she was so annoying. I was amazed at their capabilities to execute such plans efficiently without coming into anyone's notice, but I had worked with people like them before so I knew where to find them. I was headstrong on catching them red-handed but thought about knowing them first, the only decision I thought was right because on the first day I saw Alex come out and followed her. Standing there she looked like an innocent girl trampled by the world. She did not look ferocious and the moment she turned, I was captivated, her eyes caught mine and it just felt that she had so much to say but no one was there to listen. That day I decided to know the truth. I went on missions with them and had the fun of my life. She was very well trained in fighting but I still did not know why she wanted to kill James. I knew she did not trust me but had slowly started to trust me. I was amazed by her and perhaps was too egoistic to adhere to the simple fact that I was falling for her, which I knew was wrong because this would hurt me and her.