Chapter 1: Injured and Alone

"Anything Jazz?" A large frown came from said saboteur as he was addressed. "Nothin', no vitals." He let out a loud sigh as he looked over the body of an offlined Cybertronian in front of him. "Ah'm beginning to lose hope that anyone's online in this area." A few feet away from him, Prowl sat similarly to Jazz, looking over another offlined Cybertronian. "I am sad to say that I am beginning to agree with you." Getting on his peds, Jazz finally looked over at Prowl, who had begun to stand as well. "Maybe we should start headin' on back to the base. Ah don't think we're gonna have any luck findin' survivors out here." Prowl nodded in agreement. "I believe you are right."

In silence the two mechs began to walk back to the space bridge located back in the now wrecked hub of this planet. They had been sent out by Prime after a frequency was sent to Teletran-1 requesting help from a planet inhabited by Cybertronians that managed to escape Cybertron after the war started. The Decepticons had found the planet and attacked before the Autobots had the chance to get there in time, leaving the planet and its inhabitants destroyed. It felt eerie, all around the two remains of structures lay about and all that was heard was the sound of rubble crunching under peds as the mechs walked.

Jazz's optics scanned across the sight. He felt a twinge of guilt at the wrecked buildings and bodies strewn about the ground. If only they had gotten there faster. "Jazz," Prowl's voice snapped him out of his thoughts and he glanced his way. "There is nothing we could have done." Prowl didn't look at him, choosing to keep his helm facing forward as to not look at the destruction that was all around him. "Ah know, ah know." Jazz decided to copy Prowl and keep his helm forward. "Ah just wish there was something we could've done." He paused, then muttered; "Or at the very least...found someone online."

Then a sound off in the distance stopped the mechs in their tracks. Jazz glanced over at Prowl. "Prowl? Is that-" Prowl cut him off. "Crying." The sound was indeed that of crying, loud crying and wails of pain. The realization of the situation hit Jazz and his helm snapped around to stare at Prowl. "If there's cryin' then that means that someone's online!" Prowl kept his helm forward and his optics narrowed.

"Indeed and if there is someone online then we need to follow Prime's orders and bring them to the base for repairs and questioning."

"Then we best be followin' that cryin' before whoever it is wonders off!"

And with that Jazz and Prowl sped up their walking, following the sound of the crying. They didn't have to go very far to find the source. It took only a few Nanokliks for the sound to get louder. "I think I hear them up ahead." Prowl noted, as the crying became more pronounced. Prowl rounded the corner of one of the broken buildings, expecting to find a mech or femme crying. What he did not expect was what he actually found. From the look that crossed Jazz's faceplates he was not expecting this either.

Just little ways up ahead was a sparkling, a large piece of one of the broken buildings sat on it's leg, pinning it in place. The sparkling was wailing and frantically trying to push the rock off it's leg. Jazz, despite his shock, began to walk forward only to be stopped by Prowl's arm blocking him. Prowl shot him a quick look before whispering; "We do not want to startle it." Letting his arm fall back to his side he began to make his way toward the sparkling.

As he neared the sparkling he took in it's appearance. The sparkling's armor was lavender and dull purple, a few white stripes went down it's legs and across it's helm. Even further observations told Prowl that the sparkling was a femme. Once he was a few feet away from the sparkling her frantic movements suddenly halted and her helm snapped towards him, her wide optics looking directly into Prowl's. The realization that someone she didn't know was walking towards her caused the sparkling to grab her leg and pull on it frantically, trying to pry it out from under the rock and letting out loud static-y squeaks and chirps.