Twenty

After breakfast, we packed up some lunch, got in our swimsuits, and got into Sully's car. Once again I thanked Tess for the amazing breakfast, and then we backed out of the driveway. We drove straight forward for a few minutes then we took a left turn onto another block. I drove past  my old house, which was unbearable to look at because it brought back memories of me and my parents. It was so eerie, I could've sworn I saw ghosts of my parents. They weren't scary, they were beautiful, like angels. I just smiled. I was flooded with memories of me and my parents: I remembered the concert, and this one time when I was six, where a threw up in a kayak while we were at the lake one summer, so I blamed it on my father and we got kicked out. He wasn't to upset with me, he just laughed. And I remembered when I was eleven when my parents surprised me with my first phone for my birthday. Not to mention I had so much junk food that day.

Suddenly Casey interrupted me from my memories. "Look Jessica!" she said happily, pointing her index finger towards a triangular shaped building. "We're here!

My excitement level began to go up really high. Butterflies fluttered around in my stomach and my heart sped up increasingly. I heard Sully chuckle over how cute Casey was when she's excited, eventually I giggled too. Sully found a parking space right next to the building, then we got out of the car, hoisted the pool bags onto our shoulders, then we walked towards the entrance. It has been so long since I went on a peaceful trip. I was used to being abused by Mrs Elsie. While no one was looking, I snuck a peek at the bite I had gotten from that monster. It had gotten way worse. The bandages I wrapped around the wound were now stained with black puss, the veins around the wound have budged and were nearly sticking out of my skin. I gulped down a mouthful of fear. I prayed to god that this wound wouldn't kill me. I wanted to tell Sully and Tess what had happened, but they wouldn't believe me. 

I thought if I just stayed with Casey's family as would be well, and that I would never have to see Mrs Elsie again.

But I had no idea how wrong I was. My part in this tale was about to get so horrid it would make The Conjuring seem like a little chid's movie...