Dawnpelt Rant-Like

Dawnpelt is a misunderstood cat. Her reaction was realistic.

There are five stages to grief.

Denial.

Anger.

Bargaining.

Depression.

Acceptance.

Note: Not everyone experiences all of them or all of them in order.

Dawnpelt was devastated her brother died. "You don't know what it's like to lose a littermate. You want to blame anyone, anything. Not just a crack in the ice."-The Forgotten Warrior, page 126. Dawnpelt cared for her brother. She was upset she had lost him and wanted to blame anyone. Even Squirrelflight knows this. "Don't worry, no cat believes Dawnpelt. She's been driven mad by grief, that's all."-The Forgotten Warrior, page 293.

What gave Dawnpelt an even bigger reason to believe Jayfeather murdered Flametail is because the medicine cats have never been as close as they used to. "The medicine cats have been very separate recently." -The Forgotten Warrior, page 287.

There are other cats like Dawnpelt. Hawkwing and Tallstar for example. When Duskpaw died,  Hawkwing was angry he died and blamed Pebbleshine for his death for a while. Tallstar was also angry about his father Sandgorse's death. He went on a journey with Jake to kill Sparrow, only to realize Revenge wasn't the answer.

Dawnpelt forgave Jayfeather once she found out he didn't murder Flametail.

"Q: Did Dawnpelt and Jayfeather make amends after it was revealed that he didn't kill Flametail?

A:Good question! Yes, I think so, although Jayfeather is so grumpy that Dawnpelt might not notice a difference!" -Vicky's Facebook, https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=10154090122607454&id=29566467453&comment_tracking={%22tn%22%3A%22O%22}

Art Credit: Stormycloud