Chapter 3

"Get off the floor." Were Harry's first words to me after abandoning me in the room with nothing to eat or drink for hours. And even though I wasn't hungry or thirsty, for some bizarre reason, those necessities would've been highly appreciated, if Harry would've considered such a thing. "What are you doing on the floor?"

The faint sound of "Harry E. Styles entering" coming from the robotic voice above was clear in my ears, echoing throughout the room as my sobs began to drown it out. Through where my knees were pressed to my chest, my head resting on them as my head was buried in my arms, I could see the tips of Harry's boots, and it only intimidated me further. He was standing over me.

The cord connecting to the heart monitor was in my way, preventing me from hiding in the very corner of the room, as I was surprised to not find a lick of dust within the premises. It was so clean.

A groan fell from Harry's lips as he clearly wasn't in the mood to deal with me and my unresponsiveness. He leaned down, his knees cracking. His hands wrapped around my waist, where my arms normally covered if they rested at my sides, picking me up and holding me like a baby who needed their diaper changed.

I hadn't felt the urge to use the restroom once so far and was extraordinarily grateful for that.

I was seated on the edge of the examining table, Harry placing me there as I wiped at my undoubtedly red eyes, my tears absorbing into the palm of my hand as I pressed down on my eye sockets.

I tried to ignore the situation at hand -- Harry's presence -- and focus solely on my crying, my breathing that I had paid more attention to than necessary during the past several hours. I had meditated several times, finding myself focusing on my breathing every time my mind dared to wander. It was working out well for the only thing my mind actually wandered to was Harry and his hands gliding over my body -- not a good thought.

"Subject eighteen, experiment two." Harry called, going towards the desk drawers, which magically seemed to open for him, and finding a few papers, before closing it afterwards. He seemed to be reading off instructions, eyebrows furrowing at the content as his hands flattened down the crinkled material in order to decipher what it was trying to communicate.

I could hear the faint sound of my heart on the heart monitor, like always, and something that seemed to have come in handy during my meditation. The sound had turned into music as I couldn't possibly figure out what else I would listen too. Did I even like music?

Harry pulled a small, circular device with a screen on it out of his pocket. The screen more so appearing to be similar to a device you'd look through, like for a glass' lense, except thicker. He placed it on top of the heart monitor, setting it up and appearing to plug it in somewhere, before an image was somehow projected upon the wall, although the light provided throughout the room made it hard to see.

"Lights dimmed." Harry seated himself beside me on the examining table as I was glad to not be cuffed this time, his arms stretching out to behind me. They were long enough for his palm to be faced down on the table top right beside my right hip, the one that wasn't beside Harry, and it appeared almost as though this was his way of keeping me in place, incase I dared to move out of my spot.

"I'm going to show you a series of pictures." Harry began as I watched his Adam's apple move down as he swallowed. "All you have to do is watch, and if you try to look away, nothing good will come of it, got it?" Harry asked, moving his hand that wasn't behind me in between us, grasping onto my jaw. When I didn't answer immediately, he spoke again. "I said, got it?"