1//The Doom Of The Cold

Sun rays collide against the surface of the ocean, soft wind blows small waves into creation, and a piece of land distant awaits in the horizon. Home.

Years after years roaming the seas and the only thing close to family is a memory. Love, warmth, happiness. Laughter filling the streets, fresh salty waves colliding at the port and the smell of baked goods engulfed the city.

With memories of old, he stood by the forecastle looking straight ahead at the peice of land he longed to see once again. The ship's stem ripped the salty waters and wind brushed faster against his skin. They had quickened the pace.

Then other ships followed his own. The greatest fleet the four kingdoms had ever known was made of the most capable sailors of the time. They were the wardens of the sea, protectors of all realms not just their own. Danger had brought them back home. The only thing that ever could.

A sailor walked and stood on his side holding a cushion on his overworked hands. On it sat proudly a simple crown made of silver with little blue diamons decorating parts of it. He looked at it with weary eyes. A responsibility he had to take sooner or later.

He put a hand on his captain hat and gave it to the sailor, while with the other he picked up the crown slowly. He held it for a moment to the height of his stomach. And further up it went. Before he realised it had already gone up to the neck, as if he wasn't in control of his hands.

Once the crown sat on his head over smooth dirty blonde hair, he felt the heaviness of it. A title he had long forgotten he had inherited, he had now claimed. He swallowed.

"Thank you." he said in a low voice to the sailor.

"At your service, my prince."

...

EARTH.

The widely known tunnels of the ancient Earth kingdom were clear evidence of it's brilliant history. Though they were now dark and deserted, every Earthean knew their real values.

Centuries and generations were needed for them to be dug, and a strong kingdom to be built inside them. Some even say that cold winds still blow, and carry the words of the spirits that once lived here.

They built their lives underground, dark of skin and dark of hair were the first earth elementals to ever step on those lands. But the legendary earthquake known as "Life's withering" was enough to put an end to that blossoming dynasty, and the few earth people that were left came back to the surface for the beginning of a new life.

The old blind woman walked into the underground tunnel, with a stick of wood supporting her and also guiding her through the darkness. Her clothes being old torn rugs with a faded green color in honor of her element. The marvelous green that grew on mother earth.

She wasn't alone, her beloved granddaughter Celeste had gone with her for she could not leave her fragile grandmother alone into the darkness. They were wandering the once enormous maze tunnels, or at least what was left of them.

"What do you know about these old tunnels my dear?" old Evony asked her granddaughter.

She was one of the oldest Ertheans in their kingdom, with experience on the battle fields. Her strength and reflexes used to be absolute while her elemental fighting unbeatable.But the years passed and she grew older, her eyesight started to fade to the point that she was completely blind. Her once strong legs couldn't hold her any more,and her shaky arms couldn't be trusted. But those years past filled her with wisdom, with which she now guided her own granddaughter into the real harsh world.