14//Moonrise

THE NORTH EDGE.

"What does it say?" Ayden asked impatiently as Eira kept staring at the yellow papers in shock.

She grazed the ink with her fingers in disbelief, her expressions changing rapidly as she kept reading.

"This tome must be hers. She was collecting information on what she had become. Perhaps like a journal." Eira thought.

She averted her gaze from the book to Ayden, deep mystery resided in her eyes while his were expectant.

"Apparently there is hearsay." she started, "It is said that it all started with a revolution. The mermaids had emerged from the sea and demanded to overthrow the king of Nevaira, Oden Dyfrost."

Ayden listened intently,while still feeling weak from the cold air around him."

"Things  got out of king Oden's control so he asked for help to defeat the rebels." she explained further.

"What kind of help?" Ayden asked already suspicious about where the story was going.

"Dark magic." she gulped a bile in her throat.

Realization took over Ayden's features, "The Nee Salvagh." 

"He cursed the mermaids with their help, so they were not able to walk on earth again. Not unless an Aquadorn from earth told them to rise." she put her hands on her arms embracing herself, preparing for what she was about to reveal.

"The Nee Salvagh don't do favors with the kindness of their heart." Ayden stated, "What did he give them?" 

Eira took a deep breath before continuing, "He gave them his wife's soul in return."

Ayden scoffed as he turned around and walked with his head down. He could not believe what he was hearing.

"So we are talking about an angry and betrayed soul whose sole purpose is revenge?" he asked ironically, "Sounds like the cold spirit to me."

"We already knew they were behind this. At least now we have more details." Eira spoke quietly.

Silence befell the room, unspoken words lingering inside the dome. Eira kept looking at the frail pages asking more questions in her head. Ayden walked over to the wall he previously leaned on and sat down. He pulled his knees close to his chest and leaned his forehead on them.

"Her name was Seraya Dyfrost." Eira broke the uncomfortable silence. She looked at Ayden but he did not raise his head.

As she read more she discovered useful information about how the queen of doom was first created, all written in ancient writings only she could understand.

"Apparently there is a cave in the far north. It holds dark magic and it says here that Erin became queen of ice by entering that cave as the dark magic engulfed her." she explained, "Maybe it's what my brother Oryen saw."

Ayden looked at her skeptical, he recalled what Oryen had said in the gathering about a blue light and a cave up north. It sounded suspicious the first time he heard about it, but now it was sure something to stay away from.

She flipped another page and what she saw puzzled her. There was nothing more than a simple name on that page, and the rest of them that came after were empty. It seemed like that is the furthest Erin had gotten with her writtings.

"Ashaya Neives Whitedawn." Eira read aloud. Ayden raised his head slowly, something sounded familiar.

"Whitedawn." he repeated while focusing his gaze on the icy ground.

"What about it?" Eira asked confused. She had never heard of that name.

"The original family that ruled over our kingdom, Adria, was house Whitedawn." he sounded like he almost could not believe his own words.