Morning Interviews and Meeting new People

Kara POV:

I was at CATCO working on a new article for the week when Snapper had called me in for a new assignment.

"Yes Snapper?" I asked while brushing my blonde hair from my eyes.

"I need you to interview Lena Luthor about her new technology and the purpose for it." He said in a monotone voice. I thought about Lena and the week after my birthday and my engagement ring, it made me think of her, but Snapper was talking about someone to bring me out of my thoughts.

"You will be working and mentoring someone. Her name is Alex Parrish, she was a former detective
for the metropolis police, but then decides reporting. The rest you would have to ask her." He said

"OK, where is she?" I asked

"At your desk, bring her with you to the interview." He said, I cursed at myself , I did kinda wanted some alone time with Lena, but considering the circumstances I'll just have to deal with it.

I walked over to find a young woman, she had brown hair and tannish brown skin, that has to be Alex. I had walked over to the girl and tripped over her foot, she looked over her shoulder and gasped.

"Oh, god! I am so sorry. I was waiting for someone, and I just... I'm sorry." She finished, I gave a sincere smile

"No, really it's no issue, are you Alex Parrish?" I asked.

"Yes, are you Kara Danvers?" She asked.

"Yes, worst first impression though." I said fixing my glasses.

"Hi" She said while staring at me.

"Um, you're staring."

"Sorry" she said while blushing.

" It's fine, you ready for your observation of an interview?" I said while grabbing my notebook and rain jacket.

"Um, yeah lets go. Your driving or me?" She asked

"Oh, I could drive because I know the place." I said while she grabbed her jacket and purse.

"Ok." She said as we walked to the elevator and then to my car.

As I was driving we made some pretty good conversation, turns out she's Indian-American and came her for a new life from all the family drama, she wanted to try journaling and reporting so she went to CATCO for a new job and saw me and wanted me to be her mentor . I was impressed by how she tells her story so I can get drawn by it. By the time we were finished we were at L- corp.

  I walked up to the front desk and Jess had said hello to me , saying that Lena was alone and ready for me.

I then walked with Alex to the elevator and went to the door. I knocked and Lena looked up, motioning for me to come in. I told Alex to wait a minute so I can explain to her whats going to happen. Obviously that was a lie, but Lena looked....weird.

I pushed the doors open and Lena stood up .

"Who is she?" Lena asked curiously

" My student for CATCO, her name is Alex and be nice to her. I want her to see the real Lena, not CEO Lena OK?" I asked while bending down and whispering in her ear.

"Ok,but you owe me."Lena said smirking,I kissed her nose.

"Deal, let me bring her." I said while walking in, bringing Alex. She looked nervous so I said to take a breath ,ask questions and observe. She nodded as we were walking in .

"Ms.Luthor, this is Alex Parrish, we have a couple of questions for you about your new technology." I said with a smile.

" Of course, sit . What is it that you want to ask about it."

I looked over to Alex and motioned for her to ask a question.

"Why did you make this technology exactly? " Alex asked

" Because it helps humanity more with all the bad people around here"

" And by humanity you mean just humans, right?"

" No, what would make you think that?" Lena asked

"I have my reason that says otherwise"She said with a smirk

"And that is? " Lena asked with a hint of anger.

" Ok, how about we stop before we say something we regret" I intervened

" No Kara I actually want to hear this. Say it Ms. Parrish"

" Your Family history and worst of all your brother !" She yelled.

" Ok, that's enough!" I yelled. "This is too far Alex, I expected something better out of you but not this." I looked at Lena, she looked like she was going to cry, I felt so sorry.

" Lena we're going to go okay ?"

"Please, I hope you had enough information. " Lena said softy " Goodbye Ms.Danvers "

" Goodbye Lena" I said while leaving.

Once we got outside I had to figure out what happened.

"What was that for Alex? Because I would love to know what was that I heard."

" If you only knew? " She mumbled .
I pushed her lightly against a wall.

" Tell me what happened" I said in a much calmer tone.

" The Luthors killed my family."

A/N: Alex in the picture