Episode 2: A Reason to Struggle

Still the same scorching sun,the same boring atmosphere and the same old lectures.Life as I looked upon it was becoming more and more boring.
Sitting there I was gazed to wonder about the girl I had meet yesterday.She seemed like the type to want to cause trouble just by her being there.Well all the aside,I was quite worried if she would come again today.All those thoughts aside I went to the usual place where I have my lunch everyday.
The day was quite warm and humid,I had my lunch in my hand and was just about to start on it,when I was startled.She had come yet again but this time just came and sat there without asking me.Well I was a bit puzzled but eventually got the hang of it.She simply said,"Good Afternoon" to which I replied the same.After that we had our lunch and didn't utter a word.After lunch I was,well I had to ask her,"Why she wanted to be friends with me?".
So I just went ahead and asked her.She was quite silent about it so I decided to leave it at that.There she then suddenly said these words,"The people in my class hate me."As I couldn't reply back I just gave a smirk.She continued to say that she haven't got any friends in the entire school and when she saw me on the roof the other day,she kinda felt that we were alike so she wanted to be my friend.I couldn't argue with her so I just went along with what she had just said.
After that the bell rang and we were about to return to our classes when the words suddenly came out from my mouth,"Would you like to walk home together today?".Obviously she was shocked but without any hesitation she sad yes.
I spend the remaining classes reflecting back on why I had said those words,and without knowing it school was over.I first thought that she wouldn't show up so I just walked out but only to find her at the entrance.That being we walked together to the station where we would take our own respective trains.While walking we hardly said spoke. It was kinda awkward but what else could we have done.I mean we only came to know each other yesterday.
Reflecting back on her words I asked her why she couldn't make any friends.She was hesitant but shortly came out and told me the reason.This was what she said,"People often think of me as an obstacle cause in every task they do she seem to be a step ahead of everyone,that's why they started to neglect her".To these words I came to realise that she and I were quite similiar, but my case being that I chose to be shut down.But when she said those words to me I couldn't help but get a feeling of warmness.I couldn't understand it up until when we had reached the station,there I came to realise that I was actually happy that she wanted to be my friend.I was happy that someone cared for me and thought that I wasn't useless,it made me really happy.Maybe that day was the beginning when I thought that I finally had a reason to struggle to make it through.
After that realisation,I finally accepted her friendship.She seemed thrilled about it.I say this because she finally showed a smile on her face.
Well after that moment on comes the story of our struggle through our hardships together but I knew that we could somehow overcome it as long as we had each other by our sides.