Part 3.

I woke up from a dreamless sleep, in Joey's bed. The memories of last night still fresh in my mind. I turned over to my side and found a lightly snoring Joey next to me. He had is eyebrows furrowed as if he's concentrating. Slowly I moved my hand to his cheek, messing with the facial hair on his jaw. I stayed like this for a long time. I could stay like this for eternity to be honest. He started to stir, and then he opened his eyes and smiled at me. It wasn't like a genuine happy smile but more of a I'm sorry kind of smile.

I heard a door close in the hallway, so we decided to start the day and go down stairs. Both of us got up and headed to the door and walked down the stairs. Joey in his boxers and me in his old A's shirt that ended above my knees. A half asleep Billie was pouring himself a cup of coffee. "Good morning." I said almost a whisper, causing him to turn around and face us. I could tell Billie was taking the death of my dad the worst out of all of us, me included. He was in pajama pants with no shirt on. He had dark bags under his eyes and messy hair, his eyes were bloodshot and droopy.

He gave me a slight smile and motioned to the kitchen table. Joey and I took a seat across from Billie. "So" he paused trying to sort all of the thoughts in his mind. "You're going to be staying with us here from now on until you turn 18 and find your own place. Since you're y'know a minor." He paused longer than before.

"I want to adopt you."

"Oh okay." I said quietly not really knowing what to say, I looked down. I'm now an orphan. Me, Baby Lucille Relva an orphan. I don't even have blood family members; my dad is... was an only child and my mom had a brother but he died when I was 10 years old. All of my grandparents are dead, it's just me now.

I felt a quick rush of anxiety come over me.

"Tré and Mike are coming over at noon just to talk and stuff." He paused, looked away and carefully placed his hand on mine."We're all here for you baby." He said seriously into my eyes. I nodded.

"Here," Joey said sticking out his hand for me. "I'll take you to the spare bedroom." I nodded again taking Joey's hand and wiped away a tear with my free hand. 

We walked upstairs and passed Joey's room then passed Jakob's room. My new bedroom was the last room on the left across from the bathroom.

Me and Jakob would have sleepovers at each others houses sometimes and whenever we were at his house we'd always sleep and hangout in here.

We walked in and the room was as it always is white walls with a black dresser and black sheets on the bed. The walls were plastered with posters and vinyl records of bands like, Grateful Dead, Thin Lizzie, The Rolling stones, the Replacements, The Clash, The Ramones, Bikini Kill and much more. A record player sat on a stand in the corner by my bed. The room had clean wooden floors and really big windows. The view was amazing! You could almost see San Francisco from here.

This was my room now.

This was my house now.

I walked in the room and went straight to the bed. All I wanted to do was sleep forever and wake up from this nightmare. I didn't even realize I was crying until Joey sat by me and quietly wiped away my tears.

"We should probably get dressed." He said looking at his boxers. "Ugh. Why does everything have to be so complicated?" I joked. Joey kissed me goodbye and went to his room to change clothes.

When me and Jakob had sleepovers here I would leave somethings like clothes and stuff over here for the next time. I walked over to the wooden black dresser and pulled out the drawer to find my old David Bowie t-shirt, grabbed it and sat it on the bed. I pulled at the drawer next to the other and found some blue jeans. I closed the bedroom door and began to change into the clothes I picked out.