Book 3 - The Mountain Range of Magical Beasts

Book 3, Mountain Range of Magical Beasts – Chapter 1, Stone Sculpting (part 1)

The warm, comfortable rays of the spring sun shone down upon the bros of dorm 1987, who were resting in their backyard.

Yale, George, and Reynolds were all engaged in idle conversation. By now, Yale and George were both 16 years old, while Reynolds was now 14. The three of them had quickly gained in height, and even the shortest Reynolds was now 1.6 meters tall. The tallest of them was Yale, at an astonishing 1.9 meters.

"George, stop faking in front of the two of us. Even fourth bro has lost his virginity. Why are you and third bro still faking? How about this, at the end of this month, why don't you and third bro both go to Fenlai City's "Jade Water Paradise". I'll handle the expenses. I guarantee that both of you will be extremely comfortable, and I'll also guarantee that the girl will also be a virgin. Deal?" Holding two small stone weights, Yale was doing a chest workout while laughing as he spoke.

Those two stone weights each most likely weighed around 20-30 pounds. Linley generally disdained such light weights.

George laughed as well. "Boss Yale, stop trying to force us. Why don't you guys go to the Jade Water Heaven while third bro and I go drinking. Isn't that a better idea?"

Reynolds mocked from the side, "George, you, simply aren't a man at all."

George could only laugh helplessly.

Suddenly, footsteps could be heard from outside the courtyard. Yale put down the two stone weights and headed towards the courtyard exit while saying, "I bet it is third bro. C'mon, time to eat..." Before he finished his words, Yale suddenly went silent.

He saw Linley stride forward, carrying a huge rock on his shoulders, at least three feet high and a hundred pounds heavy.

But Linley clearly was carrying this boulder into the dorm with ease. Yale, George, and Reynolds all stared, slack-jawed. Linley casually set down the giant rock in a corner of the courtyard, and the weighty sound of the rock slamming into the ground made all their hearts tremble.

"What the hell? Third bro, I know you are strong, but how are you this strong?" Yale stared at the boulder. "Is the boulder hollow or something?" As he spoke, Yale moved forward and stretched out his hands, giving the boulder a test.

"Hrrrrrngh!"

Yale used all of his strength, and his entire face flushed dark red, but that giant boulder seemed to be rooted into the earth as it didn't budge at all.

"Boss Yale, stop wasting your energy. There's no way you can move it." Linley laughed.

Yale's physical strength was weaker than that of even a warrior of the first rank. How could he lift it?

Reynolds stared at the boulder with round eyes. Letting out a few surprised breaths, he suddenly turned his head and stared at Linley questioningly. "Hey, Linley, why did you bring such a huge boulder into our dorm? Oh, I know!" Reynolds eyes lit up. "I've seen powerful warriors use their hands to lift up giant boulders as a form of weight training. Are you preparing to start weight lifting, Linley?"

"Such a huge boulder could smash me into meat paste." George stared at the boulder, also letting out a few surprised breaths before turning to look questioningly at Linley. "Third bro, why did you bring this giant boulder into our apartment?"

Linley smiled at his three bros, and he said two words: "Stone sculpting!"

Based on what Doehring Cowart had said, his sculptures were now qualified to be placed within the standard hall. But it took a lot of time to carve each piece, and usually a day wasn't enough. In the past, he could casually carve at the rear mountains without worrying about making mistakes, but now things were different.