Untitled Part 12

Book 8, The Ten Thousand Kilometer Journey – Chapter 22, The Vast Earth

A month later, the order came down from the clan leader of the Jacques clan; Keane was to assume the position of city governor of the prefectural city of Cerre. However, prior to achieving the age of maturity, his sister, Jenne, was to assist him in managing the affairs of the city.

"Big brother Ley, you are leaving?"

Jenne, Keane, and Lambert all looked at Linley with astonishment.

With Keane the governor of Cerre and Jenne his steward, the two of them now had comparatively relaxed lives. Just as the two of them wanted to find a way to repay Linley, he suddenly declared his intention to depart from the prefectural city of Cerre.

"Big brother Ley." Jenne's eyes were starting to turn slightly red.

Linley was carrying his heavy sword, and Bebe was on his shoulders. By his side was Haeru, his Blackcloud Panther. Smiling, Linley said, "In this developed, urbanized environment within Cerre City, my training is negatively influenced. I won't be going too far. I just intend to go to a valley in the mountains near Cerre City to quietly train for a time."

To Linley, the most important thing was still training. Linley, who was still constantly improving himself, hadn't yet reached a bottleneck, which made training all the more important. At a time like this, he had to seize the opportunity to raise his power as much as possible.

There were records of Dragonblood Warriors of the Baruch clan reaching the Saint-level and dominating the world in a matter of decades due to intensive training.

Experts had to be able to endure loneliness.

"Valley?" Jenne and Keane both inwardly let out sighs of relief.

"Alright, if I have some free time, I'll come visit. I've already helped you as much as I can. In the future, you'll have to rely on yourselves." Linley said with a laugh.

When he looked at these two siblings, Keane and Jenne, Linley would often think of his own younger brother, Wharton. Right now, he and Wharton also had lost their parents.

"I wonder how Wharton is doing. After I finish understanding the level beyond 'impose', I'll go pay him a visit."

Linley knew very well that right now, over the course of Wharton's training in the O'Brien Empire, there was no need for him to go disturb Wharton. In addition, only by learning on his own would Wharton grow fastest.

Once Linley was by Wharton's side, Wharton would probably be unconsciously negatively impacted.

.....

East of Cerre, there was a vibrant, green mountain range with an unassuming little valley. Linley erected a wooden room here, then began to engage in quiet training.

Late at night, within the mountain valley. There was a green plain of grass, and even a little lake in the middle of it.

Linley was seated in a meditative trance close to the lake. His eyes were closed as he attuned himself to nature. By his side, there was a lit campfire, casting a flickering light across Linley's face.

Linley could feel the expansiveness of the vast earth, the flows of the wind, and the streams of water. He could feel the passion of the flames...

As a magus, especially one with exceptional affinity for both wind and earth elemental essence, Linley's ability to attune with nature was far superior to most warriors.