Chapter~6

Alright, I'll be waiting in the parking lot Dylan.

'Kay, I'll go talk to them. It might be a while though so you can go back home or something.

I'll go cancel my services with the milk company, take your time because I'll also buy some groceries too.

Don't forget the burrito stuff.

Oh, right!

I'm glad I reminded you, see you soon Cole.

Bye Dylan.

-----

Hey mom.

Oh, hi honey. Does your shift usually last this long?

No, I was just out with a friend.

Oh, so you've made a friend. What is their name?

Her name is Cole, she's one of the most nicest people you'll ever meet. She has so much energy and it radiates...

Ooh, sounds like my son has a crush?

Mom, c'mon I'm too old for this.

You're never too old for me to tease you about a girl, haha.

Shh, before Rosa hears.

That'd be funny.

Mom!

Ok ok, I'll stop. What do you want to tell me?

My friend, Cole of course, her aunt owns an apartment complex not far from her place and there's a condo for sale. Two floors, three bedrooms, one bathroom.

Dylan, honey that sounds amazing but you know we don't have the money.

That's the second thing, her mom runs an interior design company and it pays good money. You can quit both of your jobs and have enough money to pay for the condo and Rosa.

...And you too.

That's another thing mom, I'm moving in with Cole, I just came here to discuss this with you and get some of my stuff. I'll be working at the cafe and garden shop that Cole runs in her free time.

Honey, you'll visit us right?

Of course mom, don't get sad. This is a big change for us and a good one too, plus like I said, the complex is only a few blocks away from Cole's place.

Okay then, I guess we'll give it a try. Now go pack up and say bye to your sister before Cole gets back. One more thing though?

Yes?

May your sister and I meet Cole?

Of course, I'd never hide any of my friends from you guys.

Okay, now go pack.

-----

(Dylan knocks on Rosa's door)

Come in.

Hey, my little Rosa bear!

Dylan!

I've only been gone for the day, miss me already?

Of course I do, you're my favorite Dylan!

What about mom?

Well, both of you are my favorite but mom's been at work all day.

Well I have some good news to tell you Rosa, I just told mom.

Well go ahead! Spill!

You guys are moving to an apartment/condo complex a few blocks away from my friend's house. Her name is Cole and I'm moving in with her, her aunt owns the complex. Cole's mom has an interior design business where mom will work and she can quit both jobs to spend more time at home with you. How does that sound?

Dylan, that sounds amazing! But that means, you won't be living with us anymore.

I'll visit you and mom as much as I can, you won't be living too far from us, a ten minute walk, three minute drive. You can ride your bike to our place and see Cole and I as much as mom lets you.

Well, I'm happy for this.

You should be, I'm going to go pack a few things then leave, but mom wants you guys to meat Cole so before I leave come to the door.

Ok Dylan, love you.

I love you too Rosa.

_____________________________

•How's the story so far? I hope you guys like it•