Chapter~8

I just called the taxi, they said they'd be here in five minutes, are you ok?

I'm perfectly fine Dylan, no need to worry.

Attitude much.

Sorry, I just get a little mouthy when I'm nervous or anxious.

What's wrong?

If my mom finds out that I crashed my car because I wasn't paying attention she's going to be so disappointed in me, I've already disappointed her enough. Audrey shouldn't of taken the bullet for me.

Cole, don't talk like that. Audrey took a bullet for you because she saw your future, she saw potential and you were younger and had a lot more to experience, she knew you had to live.

I didn't have to live! Okay Dylan! What if I didn't want to live! Her life was going so great for her, she'd be having prom a year earlier than others because she dated a junior, he was so devastated when she died, he attempted suicide! Not once, did I cry for my sister, not even at her funeral and burial! Do you know how messed up I feel? I've had to live with that feeling for eleven years...eleven Dylan.

Cole...Cole, please don't cry, not now...it's going to be alright, it's not your fault you never mourned her death properly, I don't even think there is a proper way to mourn, just sit down and rest.

But the taxi hasn't come yet and my car is gone.

I'll sit on the floor and you can rest your head on me, I'll carry you into the taxi if you fall asleep.

Okay, and Dylan?

Yeah?

Thank you for tolerating me.

No problem, it's not that hard.

Wow, you're horrible.

Haha, you're the best too.

Fighting sarcasm with sarcasm, I see you.

---

Good morning Cole, you're finally awake.

What the...why...why are you in my bed?

You decided to end up having us share a room and you were going to make your second bedroom a hobby room. To be truthful though, I've been awake since five and I decided to make breakfast for us.

You're too sweet.

Thank you.

Hey Dylan, can I tell you something?

Sure, anything.

I love you, like genuinely, not as a lovers interest but you're like a big brother to me, not just because you're older but because you take care of me and you tolerate me, that's what I love about you.

I love you too, just another little sister you know, haha.

Ha, let's go eat.

Never thought you would ask.

_____________________________

•Hope you guys liked this chapter, I have a few new surprises when the Wattys is over but I'm focusing on this for now and I might add another story to the Wattys but it's not the original one I had, well I still have•