Chapter 9

Ravens pov

I stretched and let out a massive yawn. I cast a glance at my alarm clock and saw it was 7:30. This is why I didn't like going to school. I had to get up early and well I'm not a horrible morning person I just prefer waking up at idk maybe 9. I got dressed and went down the stairs and saw my mom sitting there on the couch going through a box of stuff.

"Morning Mom"

"Morning Raven."

"What you doing."

"Oh I'm just going through some of my old things."

"anything interesting?"

"depends on what you find interesting" She said with a laugh "Theres the Enchiridion, some magic rings that cake gave me after she finally managed to get them off. a copy of your uncles recipe for finn cakes."

"Whats this?" I said picking up an old photo.

"Oh that its a special picture your aunt Marceline had your Dad give me. before any of you guys were born."

"Who are these people."

"Well this is me." She said pointing to the baby girl with a bunny eared hat on. "And this is your uncle Finn." She said pointing to the baby with a bear eared hat on.

"But who are these people." I said pointing to the people in the background.

"Ive never met them but that's your grandma and grandpa on my side."

"I wonder who they were." I said handing the picture back to mom.

"I do to ray, I do to."

She looked almost sad for a minute but then appeared to snap out of it.

"But hey whats the use I got you and the twins and your dad. although speaking of you don't you have somewhere to be." She said raising an eyebrow.

I checked the time and saw that I only had 15 minutes left to get to school now. I grabbed my bag and some toast with strawberry jam and ran out the door flying all  the way to school.

I entered the school doors with only 5 minutes to spare. I grabbed my stuff from my locker and headed to my first class as quick as I could.

*Time skip*

It wasn't to much longer to It was history class. I was sitting in the room waiting for class to start when I noticed Markus slide in just a few seconds before the bell rung.

"Cutting it a bit close today are we?"

"You say as though you weren't almost late yourself earlier."

"There was no one in the halls when I ran in earlier."

"Almost no one. I came in shortly after you cause I overslept."

"yeah well shut up."

he just laughed some at that. I swear he irked me sometimes.

"Settle down students. Today we are going to be learning about the great mushroom war."

*nother time skip*

I was so relieved it was time for fighting class now. The day had been long-ish and we were practicing with throwing knifes now. I held some of them in my hand they were standard throwing knifes but they looked really cool.

"Alex these are awesome."

"I can see someone's excited. You know its rare I get to see this from you."

"Don't tease me about it man I just feel like a ninja alright." I said throwing my knife at the target and hitting a little lower than I meant to. "Ok a ninja in training."

He laughed a little bit at that. I did happen to notice something interesting though. Markus was absolutely destroying those targets with the knifes. It was really something to see he almost looked like a trained assassin with the amount of skill he was throwing them. It was like he was a hunter and those targets were his prey.

Alex noticed me looking. "He does appear to be pretty good with those doesn't he."

I just nodded and went back to trying to throw my own. After a few more attempts that cant really be considered failed because they still hit the target. I heard a voice near my ear.

"You know your throwing those all wrong."

I may have jumped just a tiny bit. but how could he walk so quietly I'm a vampire for Petes sake suppose to have higher than average hearing.

"Dammit Markus would you not." I said stepping away from him just a little bit.

"What come on Raven. That actually scared you."

"I would say more of surprised thank you very much."

"Come back here let me show you how to properly throw it."

I stood there defiant. So he decided to walk over to me.

"Here how you should be throwing it is like this." he said as he picked up a knife and threw it at the target. I tried to emulate it and threw a knife at the target to. still going kind of off the mark there.

"No no no like this." he said grabbing my arm and positioning it to the way it should be when throwing I guess. "Now just follow through." he said keeping my arm in the steady while I threw it.

I was surprised when it hit smack in the center of the head. "Woah awesome. Alex did you see that."

"Yeah I sure did." he said walking back over to me.

"Um thanks markus."

"no problem"

"Why don't you come over here and show me how to do that." he said directly me away from Markus.

Class ended and we were free to go but I had some questions on my mind.

___________________________________________________________________________________

There I got another chapter done guys. I'm not entirely sure where I'm going with this but I'm trying to figure it out as I go. Hopefully its still good though and don't forgot to tell what you guys think of it because I would love to her it.