Chapter Ten

"You will not, I've already told Kobe to."

"Kobe can go fuck himself. I'm taking you." His harsh word doesn't scare me and I can't phantom how much I've changed in such a short pace of time without realizing.

"You didn't want me to go. And now you want to be my freaking escort?" If he keeps this up he'll give me whiplash with these mood swings.

"Well you're intent on going, so I might as well bring you there... Holy shit Mira! What are you wearing?" His eyes seem to bulge out of their socket as his eyes rakes my body in the way it always does, causing the hair on my back to rise.

"Clothes actually." I manage to say.

"You look... Oh my God." He glance fleetingly up at face then quickly back down to my body.

"When did you start dressing like this?" He ask and my confidence dilute.

"You don't like it?" I can't help but ask.

"Of course, why the hell would you ask that?" I shrug and he sighs.

"You look super hot, just not like your old self." He clarifies.

"So how did my old self?" I question in a bored tone to make it sound as if his answer didn't mean a lot to me, when in truth it does.

"A girl who's hiding her self from the world in big clothing and now you-" he stops mid-sentence, clamping his mouth in a straight line, not finishing what he was going to say.

"Come on let's go." He says instead.

"Not so fast, Kobe will be coming for me." He smirks and I narrow my eyes at him.

"What did you do?"

"You know I always win." He shrug when I narrow my eyes at him.
"I just told him I'll bring you there, don't worry. I'm not a murderer."

'Fine, I'm coming." If I stay here listening to him, I might loose couple brain cells trying to figure him out because so far, he's confusing me with his mood swings.

"Nina and Esme. I'm leaving." They both rush down the stairs.

"Hi Theo." Esme says waving at him and Nina pokes her side.

"Have fun." Nina smiles before going back up stairs. I wish at least one of them was coming with me. Instead I'm stuck with a person with quicksilver moods.

"Remember to rock those hips girl." Esme says before sauntering back up the stairs, her hair looking like a ball of fire on top of her head.

Theodore eyes is on my body as I turn my attention back to him, I realise he hasn't responded to Esme. It's rude but I can't help the way my heart leap at the thought that he may not like her back.

"Come let's go." Theodore holds my hand again and I ignore the butterflies that is now performing summersaults in my venter.

Theodore drives his red Lamborghini, he turns the music up, his hand tapping on the steering wheel as he hums along to the song.

I close my eyes, currently frustrated with New York traffic.
In truth, I'm more than nervous to be at the party. Nina voice ringing on my head that they're not nice people makes meeting them feels scary.

I don't have to meet them anyways, there'll be a large amount of people there, I'm sure.

"What's wrong?" I hear Theodore ask as he turns the music off.

"Nothing." I tell him sitting up in my seat.

"You're nervous." He says seeing through my demeanor.