She Doesn't Have to Know

Erick was my twin sister's good friend.

Well, and her crush. 

She has liked him ever since he came to our school after moving from Cuba. Her and I being a some of the only Spanish speaking kids in our high school, he evidently stuck with us due to his lack of English. Him and my sister became good friends really quickly. 

Him and I? We weren't really friends. We got along but he got close to my sister quickly, and me, not wanting to be around my sister I see, all hours of the day all the time, I just generally kept my distance from the two. 

Even though we kept our distance, I wasn't blind. When Erick looked at me, I saw his lingering stares, and when we hugged hello, I noticed that the hugs lasted a little longer than they should have. 

Those actions always got my mind racing. Was he into me?

As soon as they arose, I always pushed those thoughts to the back of my mind. He wasn't into me, he was just a friendly guy. He was probably like that with my sister too. 

"Sofia!" My sister Isabela called, snapping me out of my thoughts. "I'm going out!"

"¿Con quién?" I called back. "Erick?"

"No!" She called back, the sound of the front door slamming behind her. 

Okay then. 

I chuckled to myself, thinking about how many times a day Isabela would talk to me about Erick. She would constantly tell me about the cute things he did, and especially how hot he was. I didn't disagree with her, I mean Erick was so attractive.

He was so sexy. His green eyes would bore into yours when you looked at him and his Cuban accent was just irresistible. The seductive little smirk that was constantly on his pink lips gave me butterflies every single time I saw him.

But I couldn't like him.  First of all, Isabela was obsessed with him. I couldn't go for the guy my twin sister liked... 

Could I?

My thoughts were interrupted for the second time that night by a knock on the door. Was Isabela home already? She just went out.

I walked downstairs and opened the front door. 

Oh. That wasn't Isabela. 

"Hola Erick." I said, in surprise. "Isabela isn't home right now. I can tell her you stopped by-"

"No problema. I'll just wait for her." He said, walking past me into the house.

Okay, breathe Sofia. He just invited himself into your home. Relax. 

"Um, I don't really know when she'll be back. She just left." I said.

"I can wait." Erick replied once again. We stood there awkwardly for a few moments.

"We can watch a movie or something?" I finally suggested.

Erick stared at me. "Me parece bien."

I sat down on the sofa and put on a movie. Immediately, Erick sat down right next to me. He was so close I could feel his body heat where his leg was pressed up against mine. My heart rate sped up and I prayed that he couldn't hear my heart hammering inside my chest.

Focus on the movie. Keep looking straight. 

I tried to keep my gaze fixed upon the TV but I could feel Erick looking right at me. I turned my head to see his head completely turned towards me, staring. 

"Can I help you?" I asked, laughing a little. He laughed as his famous smirk appeared on his face. 

"Eres tan hermosa Sofia." He said, still looking at me. I felt my cheeks turning bright red. 

"Gracias?" I answered back, more like I was asking a question. 

Erick turned so that his whole body was now facing me. "It's true. I've always thought so, I've just never had the chance to tell you." 

"Because you're always with Isabela." I said, before even realizing what was coming out of my mouth. I didn't know it was possible, but the smirk on Erick's face grew even more. 

"Are you jealous princesa?" Erick teased. "Jealous of your sister and I?"

"No." I scoffed. "You're her best friend. Plus she likes you." 

Shut up Sofia. You shouldn't have said that. 

Erick didn't seem too fazed by this new piece of information I had just told him. Maybe he already knew.

"Doesn't mean you aren't jealous." He said, his face suddenly very close to mine. He was so close I could feel his warm breath on my face. 

"I-I'm not jealous." I stuttered, him too close for me to properly piece together a sentence. 

"Hm," He said. He tucked my hair behind my ear and put his hand on my cheek. "Whatever you say."

He roughly pressed his lips onto mine, kissing me hard. I barely had time to think about what was going on before he pressed me back against the sofa, still kissing me. 

"E-Erick." I mumbled when we pulled away for air. "I can't do this. Isabela likes you and-"

"Shh Mami," he said softly running his thumb over my bottom lip. "She doesn't have to know."

Immediately his lips were back on mine. He flipped us over, pulling me on top of his lap so I was straddling him. We continued to make out, and before I knew it his lips moved down to my neck.

I let out a small groan as he continued to work his way down. 

We both jumped as we heard the front door knob jiggle. 

"Shit! She's home!" I said. "Wait here, I'll go upstairs." I ran up the stairs and into my room and cringed when I looked in the mirror. My lips were swollen and and my hair was everywhere. 

"¡Hola Erick!" I heard my sister say with excitement. "I didn't know you would be here! Did Sofia let you in?"

"Sí." He said, his voice a little rough. "Just got here a few minutes ago."

I walked down the stairs. "Hey guys. I let Erick in, hope you don't mind." I said, turning to Isabela. 

"Of course not!" She said smiling. "Wait here Erick, I'll go get you something to drink." 

She left the room and Erick and I stood there in silence. My sister returned with two drinks. "Okay, let's go Erick. See you Sofia." 

Once my sister had left the room, Erick turned back to be and came closer to me. "We're not finished yet Mami." He whispered into my ear smirking.

My stomach fluttered and I gave him a small smile as he disappeared from the room. 

What just happened?