She Doesn't Have to Know (Part 2)

A/N: Hey guys! I really loved the first part of this so I decided to write a part 2. Enjoy!

"I'm not joking Selena. I can't even explain to you how fast my heart was beating the whole time." 

It was the first day of my senior year of high school. I was in the middle of explaining what happened with me and Erick to my best friend Selena, who had been away all summer. 

"You are so lucky Sofia!" she exclaimed. She looked at me smiling. "You guys are going to be so cute together!" 

"No! That's the problem Sel. I can't go for him!" I whined. "You know how badly Isabela is obsessed with him. Going for your twin sister's crush who also happens to be her best friend? It's an unwritten rule."

"You're going to have to talk to Erick about it." She said as we walked into our first period class. "See what he wants to do about this."

"That's another problem. I don't even know what Erick wants from me! He doesn't seem like the relationship kind of guy... I don't want him to use me." I replied. 

"Sofia, relax. Talk to him." Selena simply said. The volume in the classroom decreased as the teacher walked in. 

This was going to be a long day. 

...

The lunch bell finally rang after my morning classes seemingly took an eternity to go by. I met Selena by the cafeteria and we walked in together and started to look for a seat. I scanned the room, spotting my sister sitting at a table with someone. Obviously Erick. Seeing him for the first time since we kissed made my stomach explode with butterflies. 

Selena and I sat down across from each other. My back was facing my sister's table. 

"Erick's sitting with your sister not too far from us." Selena told me. 

"I know. I saw." I replied, not sure why it came out so harsh. 

Selena looked at me knowingly. "You're catching feelings for him aren't you?"

"No!" I exclaimed loudly, causing people from nearby tables to look. "I'm not! I don't care."

We sat in silence for a few seconds before I realized how right Selena actually was. "I'm scared Sel. I know I can't have him and that makes me want him even more." 

She nodded. Her eyes flickered up for a moment and she looked behind me for a few seconds before making eye contact with me. "Erick is staring at you." She said in a hushed voice. "He has been all lunch period."

I felt my cheeks heat up as I slowly turned around to find Erick's bright green eyes looking at me from where he was sitting. I quickly turned around and looked at Selena who was smirking at me. 

"Talk to him Sofia." She said once again before the sound of the bell rang throughout the room. 

We walked out of the cafeteria and said our goodbyes as we both headed our separate ways to our next classes. 

"Sofia!" I heard my name being called as I walked down the hallway. I recognized it to be my sister's voice. I turned around to see her walking towards me with Erick by her side. Of course.

"Mamá y Papá aren't going to be home for dinner tonight. They asked me to tell you." She said to me. I could feel Erick's intense gaze on my face. I tried my best not to look at him.

"Okay." I said. "Anything else you need to tell me?"

"Erick va a venir para comer la cena." She said. Subconsciously at the mention of his name, my gaze flickered towards him. I felt a wave of emotions run through me. He smirked at me ever so slightly. I didn't know if I was excited or nervous.