The fox

This is how it all ends isn't it? Quite a way to go if you ask me. Being kidnapped by vampires. Whats worse? Being a pet for Ethan or living as a blood thirsty monster. It's been a while since I've stopped crying. But is there really any perception of time in this hell hole. I've just been sitting here. My head down with my long white hair falling over my face. Every time I try to breathe it comes out stifled. It takes all my strength to stop crying. Noah laughed the second I started to sob. He laughed so hard he was crying right along with me. I hate him, even more than I hate all of the monsters who have taken me here.

Henry had just stared. As if I was doing something that was entirely foreign.  After a while, he began to try to talk to me. But his words were no more comforting than Noah's laughter. He kept repeating that I needed to stop. But soon even he gave up and sat on his cot. His eyes were dead and it looked like something was ringing through his head. Perhaps I triggered something from his past, assuming that he wasn't born a vampire. Maybe he was taken like me. Or maybe he was bitten and survived to tell the story that they try so hard to keep a secret. 

The boy with the red hair had moved closer to me. He had stayed beside me the entire time I had cried. At one point he had begun to pet my hair. I hadn't stopped him, for fear of what to come had engulfed me.After I hadn't pushed his hand away he pulled me onto his lap and held me close. He was warm for a second I felt safe. Protected by the closest thing I had to a human. We've stayed like this for a while and I must admit I dozed off a couple times. Perhaps he might be the thing that keeps me from drifting away from my sanity. 

I take a deep breath. My breathing calms down a bit and for a second I feel as though I can get through this. I look up at the red haired boy. He still hasn't told me his name but, I've decided not to ask. Something tells me I wouldn't like it. I push these thoughts to the back of my head and nuzzle up again his warmth. I close my eyes and try to see if I can hear anything. After about a minute of silence, I decide he is dead like the rest. 

"Thank you" I quietly whisper into his chest. I look up at him, I notice a rather wide smile on his face. I push myself up a bit and study his smile. His fangs are shown now, long and slender they glint in the soft light provided by the candles lit on the walls. He grabs my face and pulls it closer to his. 

"No problem" Suddenly his eyes are right next to mine and I feel a warmth on my lips. My eyes widen. I try my best to push him off but he's too strong. He pushes me down onto the cot. I feel a prick of pain on my lip and I realize he just bit me. The room begins to spin and my whole body goes to jello. As soon as I feel a small lick on the cut he pulls back. I hold onto my lips in utter surprise. He smiles wide and I notice blood on one of his fangs.

   Suddenly Nick's voice comes into my head. "Listen to me right now. If you show even the littlest of fear they will treat you as a pet. You have to learn to never lower your guard."  I just lowered my guard to the point of no return.  I can't keep acting like this. I won't be a pet for some monster. I tackle him down onto the cot. I push my self on top of him and against better judgment, I kiss him back. I bite down hard on his lip and pull back taking a small chunk with me. 

I spit it out onto my hand and throw it at him. I lick his blood off my lips, it tastes like sweet revenge. I turn to look at Henry and Noah. Noah smirks as though he had just watched the most amusing thing in the world. While Henry looks as though I just slapped him. I almost feel bad for Henry. I glare at all of them. The words needn't seem to be said.  I look back at him. He holds onto his lip which is pouring blood. It trickles down his chin and onto his black vest.

I bend down over him so our faces are inches away from each other, "Off my cot" A grin crosses his face as he pushes himself up. He swings his legs over the side of the bed. I look at him with all the hate I can put into one gaze. His smile grows wider and he deep into my eyes. He takes his hand off his lip and its fully healed. I hold back a gasp.