Chapter Two: Apologetic Consequences For Those Who've Been Hurt

Ann hadn't heard from the two boys in a couple days, and the sleepover was tomorrow. She had tried to talk to Akira after school, but even the others had said he'd begun to ignore their texts and phone calls.
Ann eventually cornered Ryuji in the hallway and grabbed him by the ear. She dragged him to the rooftop and pushed him into a chair.

"Explain." She demanded. She crossed her arms and tapped her foot impatiently. Her face remained angry. "What the hell do you mean?" He replied calmly but somewhat intimidated. "This isn't like you, Ryuji. Akira hasn't been talking to any of us and the last person he was with is you." She told him. Her foot kept tapping, and she was still anticipating an answer.

"We...got into an argument...it resulted in me giving him a panic attack and he ran off. I tried to apologize but he's been ignoring me, too!" Ryuji teared up.
"What did you do?" She asked.
"I...I called him by his last name."
...

...

...

...

...

"You really are a dumbass, aren't you?" She told him.
"What?" He asked curiously.

"Do you really think I'd take that as an answer? Now, what did you really do?" She started to get more irritated.
"I said I didn't need him."
"You do realize that he basically didn't go back to his hometown because of us and you said you 'didn't need him'?" She yelled at the other blonde.

"I tried to apologize..." Ryuji retaliated weakly. He cupped his face with his hands, and bent over in the chair, facing the ground.
"Ann..." He started.
"I love him." He stated. "I didn't want to hurt him but I did! I was so scared about the sleepover and that you guys would pull something that I started to avoid him so much that he went after me...and I snapped! I don't know how many times I can say I'm sorry for myself to be satisfied that I've been forgiven unless-"

Ann pulled Ryuji into a hug, and he hugged her back. He quietly sobbed into her shoulder. She rubbed her hand up his back and patted it.
"I knew you loved him. So did everyone else. We were actually going to pull something, but it wasn't anything big. I was going to bring a karaoke machine, and Makoto would pretend to pull out your guy's names from a hat and sing together. That's all." She reassured.

"So I overreacted and ruined my chances with Akira for nothing, huh?" He shamefully replied.

"You still have tomorrow." She told him.

"Oh shit, you're right." He realized. "I have to go pack. Thanks, Ann."

"Don't mention it!" She replied happily and smiled as Ryuji ran through the door and went home. She decided to follow the action and make sure everything was set for tomorrow, and deliver something.

~

As for Akira, he was at home, staring at the karaoke machine Ann had brought over the day before. It was the day of the sleepover and the others said they wouldn't be here for a while.

"What do you think she has planned?" Morgana asked the boy. "I don't know. I prefer not to." He replied to the cat.
"Why don't you give it a try? I'm pretty sure someone is going to try and make you sing, so why not practice? Plus I want to hear your voice."
"I mean sure, but don't expect it to be great and all," Akira told him. The boy found a plug, and started the machine, and scrolled through the songs Ann had brought. One had caught his attention, though.

Video Games by the Young Professionals.

He selected it and already knew the lyrics from his hometown.
He was hesitant at first and didn't want them to get here so soon, but they said they wouldn't be here just yet.