Chapter One: Desperation Leads to Uncertainty

(A/N: one quick thing to add, Akechi doesn't exist because I don't like him okay bye)

The quick tempered blonde looked up towards the blank ceiling above him, his mind wrapped its own thoughts about the recent events that had happened a week ago.

~

He had seen that his best friend was about to be fatally attacked by a powerful Shadow that Ryuji insisted they fought. So, Joker had equipped one of his newer Personas, and it was weak against fire. This Shadow used Agidyne on the Phantom Thieves Leader, while they were just waiting for Morgana's turn we he could be healed from his poor health.

Not wanting his best friend to die, Ryuji pushed him out of the way just as the spell was cast and got knocked unconscious.
Letting out a defeated groan, the delinquent fell to the floor, only to be caught by the Joker himself before he fell.

Akira looked like he was going to cry. Ryuji's mask has been burnt almost completely off, and the fire damage had caused his clothes to be torn from the flames.

Ryuji remembered hearing the Joker yelling at Queen, Panther, Fox, and Noir to go full assault, and not even bother with any kind of mercy. So, when they got it to its last bit of health, the Shadow pleaded for forgiveness, and offered great things in return for its life.

But to Akira, Ryuji's life meant so much more then just a measly item.

The Raven in the black coat called for the giant-headed cat, as the cat obediently turns into a car, and Akira picks up Ryuji's lifeless body, on the verge of tears, but remains nonchalant, as he steps in the Morgana-Mobile, gently placing Ryuji in the seat next to him, and decides to get a good look at the blonde's features. Akira quietly looks at the brown eyed tsundere, as he looks like he's just sleeping. His eyes looked like they had just fluttered shut, but his expression full of worry and yet a hint of satisfaction of his reckless act. Akira had wanted to hug Ryuji, as a 'Thank you', but wanted to keep his cool demeanor. So, he quietly had rested himself in his chest, and wrapped his arms around his waist, giving it a worried squeeze. Joker wanted to stay like that forever, feeling the body warmth of his best friend. He felt like nothing could hurt them if they had just been like this. His heart raced as he felt Ryuji's steady breathing. His chest going slightly up, and slightly down in a motion.

Akira wanted to apologize and confess to Ryuji so badly...but he didn't want to mess up the twos friendship. He wasn't even sure if Ryuji even liked him back, or even that Ryuji was bisexual on top of that. They had reached the entrance of Mementos, and the leader had told Oracle to let the others know it was time to leave as soon as their next battle was over.

~

At least, that's all he heard from Morgana, who had witnessed everything. Morgana or Futaba were the most likely candidates to help them hook up, but it was actually Makoto that had decided to ask the group if they'd want to have this massive sleepover at Leblanc. Ryuji didn't really have anything planned, barely having any friends out of the Phantom Thieves. Nor did Akira, because of the rumors Kamoshida had made Mishima spread.

~Group Chat~

Makoto: Hey, I was wondering if you guys had any plans for the weekend? I wanted to ask if we all could go to Leblanc to have a sleepover.