Chapter 10

Chapter 10

The amount of time left was spent at the room of the suite where we first confessed to each other and first gave our hearts for the other to take care.

We are basking on one another’s presence, content with our hearts beating together, content with the amount of love on the atmosphere. My mouth and mind seemed too wrapped up with our situation to even sass out at our corniness.

“I hope we could run away.” Derek touched my hair and let his fingers comb through it.

“And why is that?” I asked. Sure, I would like that but I’m not selfish enough to do this.

“So we could be together and no one could bother us.”

“I’d love that but then I have work and so do you. Come on baby boss; let’s spend our time strolling at Tokyo.” I said getting up and dragging him to the bathroom to freshen up a bit.

“We should get some mochi.” Derek said as he helped me with my backpack.

“Yup. We definitely should.” I agreed.

We made our way outside of the room before bidding it goodbye for such being a beautiful place to hold our romance. “Can we stop at the souvenir shop? I just remembered getting something for James and Jericho.”

“Sure thing baby, I could get some trinkets for the flat myself.” He responded, collecting all the rest of our stuff in one hand and on another, he grabbed my own hands.

The store was also in native Japanese design but with a rather spacious arrangement. There are nicely done figurines of geishas, kimonos and other Japanese souvenirs including a wide array of food products, both sweets and savory.

I walked towards the trinket section and found a pair jade key chains. I held it up and inspected the objects. It had a red string in where you can use it to connect it to your phone or keys, and a carved Japanese letter or rather a word was formed using jade and some other stone.

I like it and I’m sure they would at least appreciate the keychain especially Jericho. He’s a big buff for cultures, history and countries.

“That is a nice choice sir.” A young Japanese attendant pointed out, smiling. “It symbolizes happiness and good luck for future ventures.”

“Oh.” I replied. “What are these stones?” I pointed to the stones adorning the jade.

“They are fire opal sir, symbolizes courage.” Hiroshi, as his nametag says, responded. As I take a quick look on him, he’s really short, shorter than my 5’8. He is really cheeky as he sports this impish grin with his alabaster skin and brown locks.

“If it is for a lover, I recommend you choose these though.” He pulled a box from the nearby stand and opened it.
A very simple looking key chain is on it, a drop shaped diamond adorned each and a crown of different designs holds it connected to the silver chain adorned with small droplets of jade beads. I got to have these.

“I’ll take these, can you bag it up?” I asked while I hand him the items.

“Sure thing sir, come with me. Do you want to your names carved on it?” he asked and I nod. He directed me to the counter and I handed him my card while scribbling the names on a piece of paper. A white colored paper bag was then placed in front of me. I dropped some bills on his tip box and he smiled at me before saying a short thank you.

I walk towards Derek’s direction, grinning at his hilarious appearance.

He’s like a model of the store due to the bags of his purchases on his feet and the new ray bands on sitting on his nose. He smiled at me when he spotted me making my way to his.