Chapter 3

Chapter 3

“This is fucking insane.” I mutter to myself while packing my belongings and putting it inside a blue suitcase, the toiletries going to my purple pouch and straight into my apple green duffel bag.

I have weird colors here but why it should matter is I simply don’t know, one thing though that I’m sure is that I shouldn’t have agreed on living with this handsome demon but he practically gave me no choice.

/Flashback/

“No. This is insane. I refuse to live with you.” I huff and cross my arms on my chest. Fuck him sideways, forwards, backwards but there is no way I will live here. I have a life of complete isolation from the world--okay that’s exaggeration but still, I live it, not to mention I have works piling up.

“And why not?” Derek raised his brows and looks at me.

“Because I have- umm, work and a life to live. In fact, I should finish my new publish before its due.” I put my hands on my hip. Given the chance, I would probably smack him upside the head.

He then reached for his back pocket and pulls his phone out. He taps on it for a few seconds before the familiar sounds of our conversation- I mean his conversation with my drunken self.

“Thank you! Can you be my boyfriend now? You can have my virginity!” my drunken self stated happily.

Feeling embarrassed, I smack his hand away. “That was a CCTV footage and recording of your scene in my office. I could directly send it to your parents. So whether you like it or not, you have to obey me.” Derek leans in. His warm and minty breath is fanning my face.

I close my eyes as he leans in closer and take my bottom lip in between his parted ones. He continues on kissing me, thrusting his tongue and coaxing mine with his warm saliva. I whimper and moan, submitting myself to his skillful mouth.

Just as when I was about to jump into action, he pulled back. “Shall we go get your clothes now?” he asks while smirking smugly at me. My jaw dropped in surprise. He just stole my first kiss and first make out!

“You’re a jerk.” I stated clearly. He just laughs at me and I scoffed back.

/Flashback ends/

And that’s how the cookie crumbles--not.

At this point I am really certain that after I get off this deal, I should get my head checked. This is purely and utterly madness. Ugh, remind me to paint my walls with bold letters stating “ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES ATTRACTS DANGER AND JERKS.”

“Are you done mopping? Kiss Mr. Apartment goodbye, were going.” Derek reminds. I fight back the urge to throw something his way and boy did I fight well. He struts out of the room and I sigh. This perfectly reminds me who the heck is misanthropist here?

He drops me to his flat and drove away after giving his orders that I should clean and yada yada yada.

Thank God then, he wouldn’t be there to bother me as he works. I proceed to work, again debating if I should clean it to perfection or just simply burn it down. I should clean right away; I have a manuscript to finish later.

Vacuuming the carpet, changing the curtains and cleaning the counters squeaky clean. Proud at my work, I proceeded to cleaning the guest room before moving to clean his room or he may put it our room.

I quickly changed the sheets and the pillowcases. Throwing the garbage to the trash chute beside the laundry chute in the bathroom, damn, I just made this room cleaner than ever. I lay on the soft mattress. It’s so warm and fluffy. I reach towards his drawer to see what he hides in there.